Finally, Nanette's Post Whole60

nshepardson

After 60 days of strict Whole30 and 60 days of a strict regimen to rid my digestive system of a nasty bacterial infection (Helicobacter Pylori) some unwanted critters (Endolimax nana cysts) and a trace of Group D Enterococcus. A mouthful, right? Was it worth it?

Yes, yes and yes! We'll just omit the "Birthday Celebration" and the ensuing after math (Oyvay!, headache, brain fog, very unhappy GI tract, no detail TMI :o).

My overall energy - way up!

Sleep pattern - between 8 and 9 hours a night at 98 - 99% efficiency

Post Menopausal HOT FLASHES! Gone - no s**t, gone for the first time ever for an entire 30 days!

Digestive issues - At least 2 consistent movements a day - no more nasty "evacuations" - still room for improvement but much improved. Most importantly - no stray food pieces left in the "evacuation". Yes I check out my p**p. :wub: Highly recommend it if you're having digestive issues.

Fingernails, hair, skin - so much better - I actually have nails I could polish with something beeeutiful like my friend Nadia.

Here's the new deal:

We're on track now to take on the worst offender once and for all, an overgrowth of that nasty bugger candida, to finally get it under control and continue healing my gut.

Exercise, yes I have the energy now (adrenals firing on all 4 cylinders, finally!) and the commitment to start an exercise program and the ability to start out slowly and build up to a level that works for me. I'm excited to start firming up, toning up, getting more flexible, improving my range of movement - and not deplete my energy stores.

I'm going to take a couple of days, maybe a week, and get back on track after the sugary, wheat filled cake thing I indulged in yesterday. I know, it takes months to get on track after eating wheat, but I'm not really sure that wheat intolerance or wheat sensitivity is a problem. I know that in the past eggs are, so I will add those in eventually and dairy, and I am really looking forward to trying some yogurt, homemade of course :P .

Also going to commit to making some new and fun dishes to share . . .I got really lazy in that category the last several weeks of Whole60.

See you in the boards . . .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did the treatment go for the h pylori? I am on the triple therapy and I have to say I feel so much better only 6 days in. It's awesome! I hope they have left you alone for good!

I understand with the other little buggers, I had a few too. Thanks for the inspiration! I am on day 53 and not sure if I'll stop at 60 or 90. We'll see!

How did the treatment go for the h pylori? I am on the triple therapy and I have to say I feel so much better only 6 days in. It's awesome! I hope they have left you alone for good!

I understand with the other little buggers, I had a few too. Thanks for the inspiration! I am on day 53 and not sure if I'll stop at 60 or 90. We'll see!

Thank you for the update;). You go past 60 days, you'll be so glad you did. That piece of bday cake. So not worth it. I'll retest for H Pylori in another month. I just feel so much better. Please keep me posted, your progress helps me:-D.

Wow, amazing improvements! Did you see them immediately or do you think they happened after 30 days?

Thanks AndFreedom for! It was a long so process. I was we'll into the last few days of the 60 I did, before I really felt a change. The Whole30 protocol definitely made a huge difference in the effectiveness of the protocol I used to get rid of my parasites and bacterial infections. I recommend that anyone with IBS, Leaky Gut, Hormonal problems, do a round of testing to determine what, besides their food consumption, is at root of their problem. I spent a lot of time chasing symptoms. Not anymore;).

I giggled while reading it :) I need a proof! Picture please.

I hope patience is a virtue for you;-). I just broke 2 of them this morning at work refilling the paper tray :/.

It won't be long . . . .and YOU, my friend will def see some proof!

I want to look into testing as I have IBS and issues with energy. Did you just go to your doctor? I don't know much about these critters...

I heard about a group of tests a person can take here. If you listen to all the webinars on that site, you'll get hooked up with these folks. They had a quiz I took and then contacted me via email with the name of a practitioner in the Chicago area. I started working with her and she recommended various tests I should take, gave me a lot of options and choices and the rest is history.

I hope that helps.

Day 1 and I ate:

Bulletproof Coffee - still no butter

Herbal Tea

Cutie Tangerines

Spaghetti with NoOodles

bdf0dd2284f711e2b1c722000a1fba7b_6.jpgc7f9199c84f711e28b4622000a9e2975_6.jpg

Kale w/Bacon in Coconut Oil

Bratwurst

Romaine Salad w/tomatoes cukes, olives, avocado, cilantro lime juice & olive oil

Those NoOdles are nomnom for real. They're made right here in the Chicago area. I guess they're like Miracle Noodles, never had those though.

Feeling a little better since the whole Bday cake thing . . . .

Thank you!! I'll look into it.

You are most welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Day 2

We are getting snow again;(. I had to cancel my visit to Kenosha and reschedule for Thursday. Soooo, into work for now. Yes, I can walk to work, cool right? Let it snow, We can handle it!

Today is the worst day since the whole Bday cake thing. Major Headache, aches and pains in my wrist and finger joints, in a total fog this morning . . . Put the cat in the bathroom and left him there, He ate up a roll of toilet paper, pretty funny . . . Not funny according to DH.

I eventually made it to work. A good brisk walk in a snow storm did the trick, for a while. Now I'm just exhausted.

Today I ate:

Bulletproof coffee, still no butter

Herbal tea

Spaghetti w/noOodles

Green beans

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup

Broccoli

The soup is really yummy. I tweaked it a little bit using fresh herbs . . . I found the recipe at River North Paleo Girl and will post the link along with some pics tomorrow. On my iPad tonight and can't figure out how to post "stuff" from it.

All ready feeling better tonight. That was like a bad hangover.

Day 3

My sleeping pattern has been on interrupt lately. I find myself waking up at 11pm and taking some time to get back to sleep. I was tracking at 8 to 9 hours 97% to 99% efficiency. Good, right? Now I'm at 7 to 8 hours 95% efficiency. It's just been the past few nights. I hate to blame everything on Bday cake, really sick of that :angry: . Time to start moving!

Dang! that Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup sure was "tasty."

2dbd9ebe85ee11e280a722000aaa08b2_6.jpg

We're fixin up a pile of Liver & Onions tonight - going to stay with Ghee for the time being and pan fry it up! I love Liver & Onions - my mom's probably rolling her eyes up in heaven and getting a big LOL out of that statement. I was always the last one at the dinner table trying to "clean my plate" when it was liver & onions night. Nope, not anymore.

I have a busy morning this morning with meetings and stuff and plan to do some marathon cooking this afternoon - nothing like our buddy Nadia, but more than I usually do. In fact, there was a post by Nadia, here with some mighty fine paleo cuisine, like Coconut Bacon Kale - if I can get to the store to pick up some kale this afternoon - it's goin' down in the Shepardson's kitchen today :rolleyes:

8a87cd44866211e2971f22000a1f8c25_6.jpg4546b02e866211e2ab9022000a9f14bb_6.jpg

There is a car under there somewhere . . . . . . . .. . . ........... and a "small" pathway to the garage, we can do this!

<3 kale

When I told my Mom that I am cooking liver there was a dead silence. Then she went - did you trip and hit your head recently? I'd chose death over eating liver when I was a kid. Btw - check this one and this one. Both are working very well. I wish I was as good with meat as I am with veggies. I have all the time to figure this one out.

Drive safe and good luck with completing everything that's planned.

Ooof, I am impressed with people who can eat liver and onions. I just can't do it. I make pate to get my liver in. My boyfriend thinks pate is gross but loves liver and onions, so who knows...

OK Freedom-recipes please for liver pâté. I loooove pâté too!

OMG, Nadia you totally rock! Can't wait to make the liver pâté. Btw, my liver & onions, nomnomnom. I use sweet onions and let them slowly caramelize in the butter. And I did get my food made up. Have a big pretty salad with cauliflower, green beans, red sweet pepper, red onions and olives in an Italian Herb Vinaigrette. Got some sweet taters roasting in the slow cooker. Before I leave tomorrow for Kenosha I plan to load up the slow cooker with a pork shoulder.

I picked up some kale, but ran out of time to whip up some Coconut Bacon Kale. There's always tomorrow . . .

Today I Ate:

BP Coffee

Herbal Tea

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Tomato Soup

Broccoli

Wild Blueberries w/coconut cream

Liver & Onions

Asparagus

Tomatoes, Cucumber and Avocado mash w/ lemon juice and cilantro

Nodding off . . .

Day 4

It's Sal's day today. We postponed Tuesday's visit due to the *weather*. Today we're hittin' the freeway and heading for Kenosha, WI.

My mom was born and raised in Kenosha with 9 other siblings. We used to visit a lot when we were kids and living in Milwaukee. I never thought when I was a semi-bald (had very little hair when I was a kid) pre-kindergartner that I would be driving around the old neighborhood at the ripe old age of 62 years. Cripe, I'm 5 years shy of my grandmother back then. Lucky me, she lived to be 98.

I've got a pork shoulder to crockpot and a dh to wake up. I am totally wide awake thanks to my morning BP coffee. Feeling much better today too. Slept at 98% efficiency for 8 hours - no brain fog, lots of energy - back in the saddle.

11f5a8ae86c311e28e2d22000a1fbe71_6.jpgd9e4b542872411e2a88722000a1f90d0_6.jpg

Eat your veggies! Maybe if I file down the reaaaally long ones, the others will catch up?

LMAO Nadia! Girl, you are hilarious! It looked less like alien space food and more like good ole fashioned juicy, pulled pork barbecue after it simmered for 9 hours!

That said, it shall forever be named "Pork Universe" . . .

Today I ate:

BP Coffee

Herbal Tea

Lots of water today - very thirsty for some reason

Cutie mandarines

Fresh Vegetable Salad

Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Tomato soup

Liver & Onions - so tasty

Wild Blueberries & Coconut Cream

Felt so good today. Lots of energy, just felt like smiling all day long.

Day 5

Trying something new today, red skin potatoes. I know, starch OMG! I fixed them in the crockpot overnight with a drizzle of MacNut oil and some sea salt. Thought I'd try the pulled pork over them for lunch today.

e09b672e87eb11e2afd722000a1f98d6_6.jpg

Eating my veggies - thank you Terez!

7c2cf67687ec11e2a73522000a1faf50_6.jpg

It's a full 8 hour day today at work. The fridge is stocked - the really cool thing - dh is dippin' into my stash. He actually likes the food I'm fixing these days.

We have some leftover liver & onions from last night, think I may have enough to make some pate. I have a recipe I'd like to try via Nadia, it calls for chicken livers though - yet, it just sounds too good to pass up and I am definitely not wild about reheated liver.

Archived