Dairy problems?

So I recently completed my first whole 30. I did really great, with little to no cravings. Yesterday I decided to have a small bowl of ice cream and immediately regretted it. My stomach felt sick less than an hour later. I was sort of expecting that reaction honestly.

However I was not expecting what I felt this morning. I woke up with a headache (my first in about 30 days), a stuffed nose and a sore throat. Am I correct in assuming that these problems are dairy related as well?

Well either way, I have decided that dairy isnt worth it. I may give greek yogurt or cheese a try once in a great while. But I am hopping back on the whole30 today to get rid of this bad feeling. Thinking of making it a whole90 this time.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on day 30. One of the things I am hoping to reintroduce is kefir. I make my own and used to think that it settled my digestion down. Anyone out there drink kefir? How does it work for you post whole30? (Not the kind with flavoring, just plain).

Well, I decided to try reintroducing a little bit of kefir that I culture myself. All month during the Whole 30 I had been bothered by gassy bloaty symptoms daily. I drank a small glass of kefir after the completion of the whole 30 and those symptoms went away quickly. So I think small amounts of kefir are beneficial to me. I have not changed anything else. The moral of the story is that we are all individuals and we have to find out what works for each of us.

Archived