Breakfast dilema

stepharella

So I am on day 28. I am going to continue on but I am having trouble finding things to eat in the morning. I am a mom of 2 who keep me jumpin in the mornings so I don't have a lot of time and I use my leftovers for my lunches. I need something besides eggs!! Ideas??

I do a weekly cookup where I broil some chicken breasts and a flank steak or tri-tip then slice thin and place in a container in the fridge. I also bake a bunch of sweet potatoes and peel and place in jars. I also always have thawed and seasoned ground beef or meatballs made, washed and cut up veggies, jars of various cultured veggies, a huge salad, and homemade mayo. I could literally eat a meal standing at the refrigerator. I don't of course, but my point here is a little cold chicken dipped in mayo and a few bites of sweet potato is as fast as humanly possible and still follows the meal template. I have two little ones also and the weekly cookup has saved my sanity and my w30.

I have been cooking ahead a couple of times a week to also have leftovers for breakfast. We have found a local German sausage that is compliant and I will cook the whole thing ahead of time. I also found Chicken apple sausages that are compliant and pro-cooked. I almost always have spinach at breakfast. I love mushrooms and asparagus in the morning or a leftover salad. I also started baking a few sweet potatoes ahead of time to add to some breakfasts. For the chicken sausage, I prepped a little diced apple and sweet potato the night before and cooked them in the toaster oven while I did dishes. While warming the sausage, I added mushroom and spinach to the mix.

I thought I'd be having eggs, but I've had plenty of meat to heat, add veggies, and fat, and eat. Happily, I have had enough variety not to get bored.

Oh, and my husband has been enjoying pre-cooked shrimp out of the freezer. They only take a couple of moments to reheat. He's also found a lot of canned meat and fish that he has been having at lunch and that frees even more leftovers.

I definitely second the mayo thing. It turns out that just about any protein and any crunchy green veggies (celery, cabbage, sugar, snap peas, baby spinach) make for a quick, yummy, and satisfying meal. The veggies can be prepared in advance or omitted if you have other veggies you want as a side.

I also have avocado at breakfast. It does require a quick slice, but it is quick, tasty, and satisfying. And, the avocado mayo pretty much does anything the regular may does.

Salsa is also a nice touch in the morning to dress up just about any protein.

Archived