Unintentional cheats

Hi everyone!

I am on day 22 of my Whole30. Today I was drinking a cup of unsweetened tea and about halfway through noticed it tasted a bit sweet.

I read the ingredients on the side and saw a bunch of non-compliant ingredients. It was the Celestial Seasonings Pumpkin Tea.

Ingredients: Black Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Roasted Chicory, Natural Pumpkin Flavor With Other Natural Flavors (Soy Lecithin), Luo Han Guo, Cloves, Nutmeg, Natural Sweetener (Stevia Extract) and Pumpkin As soon as I realized this I threw the tea away. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time I was drinking a yogi blueberry tea. My question is, how much of an affect will this have on my entire Whole30? After realizing sweetners have snuck their way into my teas it made me check ALL of my tea boxes...I have stumbled upon quite a few that had non-compliant ingredients. (not sure why I did not check this sooner? I guess I assumed herbal tea = good for you.) Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thank you Renee! I was feeling really bummed out about this today.

I haven't had any strange side effects or nagging symptoms (other than a bit of guilt for having a total 100% compliant whole30!)

But...lesson learned to read every.single. label!

Thanks again!

Archived