Whole30-ish, but with tiny tweaks?

Asla

I'm busy with my whole30, but my hubby is only partially eating along. He still uses olive oil for baking and makes soup from a brand that is almost completely biological and whole30 compliant, but had this little bit of yeastextract in it. So nothing big, but not as strict as some people here.

He claims that it shouldn't matter since you eat better in the bigger picture and i'm not feeling sure. I don't want te be an extremist tha is focussing too much on details, but I don't want to miss out on the good results either by eating just a tad too much off the foodplan.

What say ye..?

I think the answer is, if you are worried about food sensitivities, and you want to find out for sure, then you need to be really compliant for that 30 days. Yes, as a long-term plan, having small amounts of off-plan stuff but still eating basically like Whole30 is going to be pretty healthy. If your husband is just "playing along" and not really curious about his own health stuff, then don't bug him about his bits of non-compliant stuff and just you stay 100% compliant. If he has a health issue you're trying to figure out, then it's more worth bugging him.

Personally I agree that any improvement in food is a good thing. I also think there's a lot worse things your husband could be doing than having olive oil and yeast extract (though if he's baking, that sounds pretty much off plan in itself). As befabdaily said, if you want to really find out what your food sensitivities are and you want the best out of your W30 then you really need to stick to it exactly. It's not a program that lends itself to tweaks. It's extremely simple - have this, don't have that.

So, if you want to see results, I would advise sticking to the plan for 30 days. If your husband's not interested in doing that then any improvement in eating better can't be a bad thing. However, if you join him in eating off the foodplan during your 30 days, you'll never know what results you could have got from it. It would be such a shame to waste that time. Good luck

Hah, the yeast is indeed found in our all-natural broth. But it's OK, apparently?

And indeed I'm the one that wants to know if I have any food allergies, hubby is just along for the ride, as long as he gets to eat yummy food. I've managed to make him happy a few nights, but not allmy experiments turn out for the best. :-)

Guess we can just keep going this way and I have to make sure that he realises that I won't eat the food he makes with the tweaks in it.

What is he baking with olive oil? A tray of vegetables or Paleofied cookies? If it's veggies, while heating olive oil may not be ideal, it certainly isn't going to ruin your w30.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it was mod Robin who told me that broth is fine and that she eats it with no troubles. You can search that thread "autolyzed yeast extract"

Archived