EE's Whole30 Log

Lemonzester

Day 23

Another good day! I am very much enjoying this "magic" time - good sleep, good energy, no stomach problems!

Breakfast: chicken sausage, sweet potato, TJ's Southern Greens, half an avocado

Snack: handful of macadamia nuts

Lunch: 3 slices turkey balogna, cucumber sticks, roasted cauliflower

Dinner: green coconut curry with broccoli, spinach, pineapple, and lamb

I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill today, but felt no need for a pre-WO and post-WO meal, because my lunch and dinner ended up being so close to the times I would have eaten those mini-meals. I also am not sure that the intensity of my workouts merits extra calories. Maybe a post-WO, but not a pre-WO.

Another note: yesterday, I forgot to say that I also ate the remaining quarter can of coconut milk that had been chilling in the fridge with a spoon, and it was DELICIOUS. Just like ice cream, pretty much - or really, Coconut Bliss, my fave.

Day 24

Still feeling good! I did take a nap in the late afternoon. Not sure why, because I slept well. This of course impacted when I fell asleep. Annoying. I did well in yoga again, which is a great feeling. It's great not to have stomach bloat in the way!

Breakfast: chicken sausage, greens, diced apple, half an avocado

Lunch: salmon cakes, arugula with dressing made from Sunshine Sauce, blueberries

Snack: macadamia nuts

Dinner: green coconut curry with broccoli, pineapple, spinach, and lamb (would be remiss if I did not admit to eating a few delicious spoonfuls of refrigerated coconut milk before I added the rest to the curry...)

Day 25

Totally overslept today, but I blame the sleeping pill I took. Also, my body/muscles hurt today from yoga yesterday, and I guess, inactivity today. Otherwise, I did fine. I had a bit of a prep day, roasting sweet potatoes and braising and shredding chicken thighs. I really do need to consolidate this into one big prep day, since I end up shopping and prepping like 3 times a week.

Breakfast: chicken sausage, diced apple, brussel sprouts, half an avocado, kiwi

Lunch: shredded chicken thighs with lemon gravy, roasted sweet potato with coconut oil

Snack: spoonful of sunbutter, just cuz

Dinner: mixed greens salad with cucumber, celery, carrots, spring onions, shredded chicken, avocado, and Cumin Lime Dressing, kiwi

Day 26

PMS day! A little bloated, a little achy, a little GI upset. It happens. I tried to feed it with more carbs.

Breakfast: leftover breakfast hashes, sweet potato, half an avocado, a banana

Lunch: leftover shredded chicken thighs with lemon gravy and leftover cauliflower over a bed of salad greens and cucumbers (YUM)

Post-WO snack: half a Larabar

Dinner: leftover lamb, sweet potato, salad greens and cucumbers, homemade mayo

Day 27

Eek! Forgot to enter this one. Felt down today, but fine after I took a nap.

Breakfast: chicken sausage, apple, brussel sprouts, half an avocado

Lunch: tuna fish salad

Snack: larabar...

Dinner: steak, salad greens, cucumber, cumin-lime dressing, sweet potato, kiwi

Day 28

Easter! Had a very good day today. Life is always good when friends cook you dinner!

Breakfast: chicken sausage, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, half an avocado

Lunch: Whole Foods salad bar - dark greens, shredded beets, berries, walnuts, dried currants, grilled chicken breast, with blueberry vinaigrette (compliant, I checked!), kombucha

Dinner: yummy steak, sunchokes, greens, cauliflower soup, homemade almond milk (YUM) (thanks!)

Day 29

I can't believe it's almost over. I am toying with the idea of extending, since I still crave sugar and sometimes snack inappropriately.

Breakfast: chicken sausage, apple, greens, half an avocado

Lunch: leftover salad

Dinner: green coconut curry with broccoli, greens, butternut squash, and steak, blueberries, kiwi, raisins

Forgot to add - I took a bizarrely long nap this evening, and I can't figure out why. Like, 3 hours. Maybe I had a virus? My allergies are kicking in the past few days.

Day 30

I can't believe this day is here! I feel really great, I've lost 5 lbs., my skin looks great, and most importantly, I have not experienced any unexplained bloating or painful indigestion!

I still have tendonitis, allergies, and anxiety/depression. Perhaps these are not caused by my diet, perhaps I need more than a Whole30. I also still feel the urge to binge eat. I don't know that that will ever go away. In any case, I am putting off reintroduction at least until next week - so I guess this is becoming a Whole30+ (TBD)!

Breakfast: chicken sausage, sweet potato, brussel sprouts, half an avocado

Lunch: beef chili, half an avocado, pear

Pre-WO: spoonful of sunbutter

Dinner: salmon cakes, salad greens, cucumbers, scallions, olive oil, half an avocado

Post-dinner: weird binge - some dried apricots, a few spoonfuls of coconut milk

Archived