Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Doing well and going strong! Just had brekkie of 2 eggs with rutabaga and arugala cooked in coconut oil. Had my coffee without sugar and with coconut milk.

Hard to believe, but since my surgery on 1/22 I've had terrible issues with constipation. After only 48 hours, I had an easy time in the BR this morning! I hate to admit it, but I think it is doing without dairy. Wow!

Pea

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm grumpy. Hoping some Vitamin D therapy later this morning amends this state of mind. Argument over getting daughter to the bus on time this morning with husband started things off poorly. But I'm glad to see the sun shining!

I'm having the problem that I am not hungry and having to force myself to eat 3 meals. This is my second Whole30 and I remember last time I was in major sugar detox on this day but I'm not feeling that today.

I also am realizing I need to make sure to eat the right amount of fat at every meal to feel good (this is hard still to do after years of conditioning that fat is the devil).

Have a great day everyone!

Sounds like everyone is going strong on day 3. Very cool!

I'm also doing well. Slept like the dead last night but I think it's way too early in my Whole30 for that to be because of my nutrition. I think I was just tired after Pilates but either way, I'll take it!

Breakfast was eggs filled with sauteed kale from our garden and topped with half an avocado. I love it when veggies survive the winter so that I can have home-grown greens in March! I ate two clementines on the side for my vitamin C. Under doc's orders, I'm trying to up my Vit C for cartilage rebuilding. Instead of supplements, I've committed to eat at least one high-C item with every meal. Lunch has half a red pepper on my salad and I'll have some kiwi fruit for 'desert' with dinner. It's kind of a fun little challenge, actually. ;)

So inspiring to hear from everyone. I am doing well too. I made two large batches of roasted veg last night (onions, peppers, cabbage, carrots) steamed a cauliflower and have two beets cooked and in the refrigerator. Also had boneless pork sauteed with cumin. Yummy. I have leftovers for lunch today at work.

I had cauliflower and two eggs for breakfast and then had coffee with coconut milk when I got to work.

I am feeling fine and not having any of the cranky issues, but I'm thinking it's because my husband and I really reduced carbs (no bread in the house) about a year ago. I still crave sweets some, I realize I think I'm a binge sweet eater. I don't eat any sweets for days and then can eat too much of anything in one sitting, especially if it's cookies or something like that. I hope my whole30 will help me get over that.

Keep on going. Sounds like we're all heading in a good direction.

-Ruthanne (in Seattle)

Ok, so I got the official prescription from the doc today: no nuts, nightshades, no eggs (autoimmune protocol). I am a big fan of eggs in the morning.

My plan is to eat turkey or chicken sausage or smoked salmon, or leftover meat plus cooked green veggies in coconut oil for brekkie instead of my eggs. I basically build a bed of cooked or raw greens and top it with meat, fowl, or fish, lots of olive or coconut oil. Doc wants me to eat smaller meals less often.

For lunch today I had poached salmon on top of raw greens, olive oil. I had a snack of a chicken sausage and 1/2 avocado. Dinner will be chicken thighs with cauliflower.

I'm glad we are all here together...:)

Pea

Hey everyone! It's so inspiring to hear how people are doing! Let's keep it up! I'm currently making beef stew for lunch with some kale chips :) today is going well so far! Sore throat is not as bad so maybe I will fit in a run this afternoon before my night class. Wishing you all the best!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 today! There, I said it :) I am an avid CrossFitter and am competing in the Open as well as a local competition in April. I have been eating Paleo since Nov 2012, but I have full-fat plain organic yogurt, whey protein and wine on a regular basis...I'm also a pretty darn good Paleo baker and will miss that....the people at my box will miss it too!

I need to increase my veggies, decrease my nuts, moderate my fruits and go 30 whole days without any dairy, sweeteners or paleo baked goods to see if they really affect my performance, sense of well being and whether those last few pounds will melt away!

Can't wait for that magic!

-Jen

For fruit - I pretty much allow myself whatever I want as long as it is eaten WITH a meal. Because of that, I don't actually eat all that much, usually the equivalent of 1.5 to 2 servings per day. I avoid eating fruit on it's own as best I can since it doesn't keep me full when that is all I eat.

Now, if it were mid to late summer, I'd have to alter this idea because I'm fairly certain that I'd be pushing meat and veggies off my plate to eat more of my favorite fresh fruits. I'd be hard pressed to turn down fresh nectarines, plums, peaches and berries when in season! It's not really an issue this time of year, so I don't worry about it.

I usually have 1-2 servings of fruit a day as well. I pretty much eat a plum every day as I love them and then sometimes finish an apple of my daughter at lunch or something. I never ate a lot of fruit before my first Whole30 though so this wasn't a change (the 1-2 servings a day). I am more a veggie eater.

One of my favorite posts on this site is 'The Carrot Train to Crazytown.' In fact I may go read it again just now as that is how happy it makes me :)

http://whole9life.com/2010/04/crazytown2/

I'm glad to hear others are cranky! Well, not really. I'm sorry. But, it makes me feel better because I've been having a heck of a time, struggling to not yell at my sweet kiddos for stupid, unimportant stuff. This too shall pass, right?

Speaking of passing (sorry--can't help it) I've not had a BM yesterday or today. (hope that's not tmi) I feel great otherwise, but ugh.

Eating is still going well. I had a major chocolate craving yesterday evening, but I brushed and flossed, which always helps me for some reason. Maybe feeling so clean and minty. I made a frittata this morning-- sausage, onions, mushrooms and asparags. Yum. Will have the leftovers tomorrow for breakfast. I made a bid salad for lunch with salsa as the dressing and chicken and avacado on top. Supper is "the clothes make the food" chili. I read about that on another thread. It's amazing. Glad I doubled the batch. Also, having a bowl of baby carrots and mini pepper with some "ranch" i made out of my homemade mayo.

Keep up the good work everyone. Thanks again for all of the check-ins. It helps so much to journey together.

Ok, so I got the official prescription from the doc today: no nuts, nightshades, no eggs (autoimmune protocol). I am a big fan of eggs in the morning.

My plan is to eat turkey or chicken sausage or smoked salmon, or leftover meat plus cooked green veggies in coconut oil for brekkie instead of my eggs. I basically build a bed of cooked or raw greens and top it with meat, fowl, or fish, lots of olive or coconut oil. Doc wants me to eat smaller meals less often.

For lunch today I had poached salmon on top of raw greens, olive oil. I had a snack of a chicken sausage and 1/2 avocado. Dinner will be chicken thighs with cauliflower.

I'm glad we are all here together... :)

Pea

Ugh. No eggs would be tough for me but you will figure it out !!! I rarely eat nuts and I like nightshades but plenty of other stuff to choose from. I think your plan is great!

Day 3! Eating breakfast :) yummmm. I have a sore throat today so a little worried I won't be able to get my workout in...and worried I'm getting sick! I have finals next week!

Hope you all are doing well!

When my kids and I get sick or even start to, we hit the Oregano Oil and Colloidal Silver liquid. Works for us as we try to stay away from OTC and prescribed medications. Just an FYI in case you want to try it. I buy both at either Vitamin Shoppe or GNC, depending on who's cheaper.

My Day 3 wasn't bad. I was a bit tired, but I expected that based on the timeline I found somewhere on this site. Today was a busy, high stress day at work, but I was able to smile through it and didn't bite anyone's head off (I call that a major victory! Lol).

I made spaghetti squash with a compliant sauce and ground beef for dinner. Surprisingly, the kids ate it without issue and actually enjoyed it. I also introduced them to dried, unsweetened coconut flakes to add with their kiwi for their dessert. They loved it! I am loving that they are working hard to be supportive and try new things (although, after my big pantry clean-out, I didn't leave them much choice). I've got a 10 and 14 year old, both boys, so this hasn't been easy on them.

I must add, I love reading about everyone's progress and seeing all this support for one another. Here's to all of our health!

Day three done; though still have to get through t.v time with no sugar or snacking; today was the first day I struggled; craving sugar, bread, etc. feeling hungry. and realizing that (not that I didn't already know this) food comforts me...and today I got a bit blah, sad, etc. didn't have food to turn to. took a nap (which is unheard of) and was able to turn it somewhat around. Home with sick kiddo's is a trigger...so let's hope they get well again SOON. Have to get creative with meal planning so I don't burn out on the same things. Keep Going Strong everyone

Peace and Health

Hi! Glad everyone seems to have had a good start! I am having a crazy week. All my foods have been compliant but not as in-template as I would like. Hopefully I will get good shopping/cooking in this upcoming weekend. January I complained for two weeks straight that I wanted my good coffee and Come Zeroes back. I have beverage issues. ;-). Always looking for something different to drink. I love water though. My dog is jumping on me. Can't type. Lol. Have a good day 4 tomorrow. :-)

Hi! Glad everyone seems to have had a good start! I am having a crazy week. All my foods have been compliant but not as in-template as I would like. Hopefully I will get good shopping/cooking in this upcoming weekend. January I complained for two weeks straight that I wanted my good coffee and Come Zeroes back. I have beverage issues. ;-). Always looking for something different to drink. I love water though. My dog is jumping on me. Can't type. Lol. Have a good day 4 tomorrow. :-)

I had a good day food wise. I am amazed at how full I felt after what seemed like a lot of food at lunch. I was hungry for dinner though. Salmon, beets, broccoli rabe and savoy cabbage cooked and served with the salmon on top. Really good. I have been really tired today however. Thank you all for your positive approach and sharing your thoughts and meal ideas.

Ruthanne

Day 3 down and still going well! On a break home from work today, I was putting around my apartment a little bored and thought, "If I weren't W30 right now, I'd be eating." I've never considered myself a "feelings eater" so it was an interesting thought, but it was true. Food has been such an important part of my life (my degree is in Exercise Science and I've personally been on some sort of self-inflicted eating plan since gradeschool), and it's taken up SO much time (researching new things, food prep, logging evvvverything...) that it almost seems too easy. Make real recipes, eat good food in nice amounts, and stop worrying about details. I don't know why, but after such a long of putting so much effort in, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's not actually that complicated and consuming after all. Just something I realized today...

On the food front, b'fast was HB eggs, an apple, black coffee, and some mixed nuts. Lunch was greens with garlic mince, tomato, and hot salsa (sort of a taco salad - YUM) with a few more nuts and an egg. Dinner was at a friend's house and by fortunate coincidence, they made herb roasted chicken, roast veg, and salad, all lovely organics and completely W30 friendly :) I brought an apple, sliced and doused with cinnamon for dessert for myself and brought a different dessert for them. The past few days I've had to bring dessert to friends homes for a meal and I've found that if I bring fruit for myself, I can cook the same fruit into a cobbler or sauce to serve w/ice cream and we can all eat together and everyone is happy :)

I'm still working on water, but today was pretty successful. A lot of my friends brew kombucha as well, so I've started off a small batch in hopes it'll take off. I'm subborn though, and am attempting starting on my own vs. getting a baby scoby from one of them :) Fingers crossed for my little jar on top of the fridge!

I'm up and ready to roll for my Day 4. I had a bit of the run-down feeling yesterday, but found a quick 20-minute power nap handled it well. Actually, last night, I had so much energy that I had trouble falling asleep! Anyone else experience anything similar?

I did food prep last night. I'm making Chili Lime Wings for dinner from NomNom. I made the marinade for that, cooked crumbled pork with apple for a quickie breakfast option on various days, and got my work meals ready. I also had found some cabinets I missed during my pantry clean-out, so I attacked those as well! It was a great feeling as I felt quite accomplished at the end of the night :)

Everyone have a great day and stay strong!

I'm still working on water, but today was pretty successful. A lot of my friends brew kombucha as well, so I've started off a small batch in hopes it'll take off. I'm subborn though, and am attempting starting on my own vs. getting a baby scoby from one of them :) Fingers crossed for my little jar on top of the fridge!

I have my first batch(es) going right now! I bought a scoby though from the health food store. The waiting is hard. I'm a Kombucha fanatic.

Day 4....Mood Better; child still home sick; added organic/non-nitrate pepperoni to my egg scramble with veggies this a.m and was in heaven...on the side had some berries blended w. a bit of coconut milk. feel totally satisfied; my success will be creativity. gotta stop with food/mood connection, sooooo hard; but I've given up a lot harder stuff!!! I can do this...so can you.

Namaste.

Love and Peace. Keep it up...I love this thread! I have NEVER been on a forum in my life, so it's wierd, but strangely supportive. check in later. Kristy

Archived