Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

Hello All,

I am on my 3rd day today and today feels a bit easier... the first two I had really bad cravings. I have been trying to live a plaeo lifestyle before I started the whole30 for about 2 months. But I still had milk and honey in my coffee and made paleo desserts every now and then. My biggest problem is really the sugar! The grains I can deal with even the dairy I can deal with. I drink tea in the morning instead now (just plain tea no honey or anything) it is pretty hard but I wanna prove myself that I am not a quitter! I would love it if we could all motivate each other!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started today. I am brand new to this way of eating. I have done low-carb and B12 doctor led diets in the past as well as tried clean eating. I always had a hard time finding enough literature to understand what I was doing and ensure I was heading for the right goals. After reading "It Starts with Food" and downloading the NomNomPaleo app (which I have thoroughly gone through and enjoyed), I feel well informed and pretty excited to see what health changes occur. I am a pretty busy mom, so I pre-made meals yesterday, starting with the slow cooker Thai Beef Stew (an excellent dish) from the NomNomPaleo app. Day One complete :)

We had Girl Scouts tonight so I made a spaghetti squash and then cooked some ground turkey in onions and added Trader Joes marinara sauce (one of the few that is compliant with no weird vegetable oils or sugar added!!!) and a ton of garlic. It was a good fast meal for a busy night plus I have leftovers for breakfast :)

Yes I have the same problem I eat and I eat to the point where I feel full. Then 3 hours later I am hungry again! Crazy!

@Belinda so you would say the Nom Nom Paleo app is worth it or can you find most recipes on the website... I really love paleOMG.com her recipes are really really good (except the one I made tonight - Garlic Pork and "Rice" (the rice is cauliflower) where I normally love all those things this just kinda tasted gross to me... however all her other recipes I LOVED! - 3 days down yay! No slips either!!! :D

@TündeYes, I think the NomNom app is totally worth it! You can probably find the recipes online, but the app is so nicely organized. I love the ability to add recipes to my faves, create shopping lists from the recipe, and the ability to either follow the picture-led step-by-step recipe or a recipe card.

Starting my day two....bring on the day :)

We had Girl Scouts tonight so I made a spaghetti squash and then cooked some ground turkey in onions and added Trader Joes marinara sauce (one of the few that is compliant with no weird vegetable oils or sugar added!!!) and a ton of garlic. It was a good fast meal for a busy night plus I have leftovers for breakfast :)

We are making the same thing but with zucchini noodles instead of spaghetti squash tomorrow night. I was so thrilled when I found that TJ's marinara sauce. I used to make and can my own, but I ran out before my last Whole30 and it's not tomato season so that I can make more! ;)

Day one went well. I didn't bring enough food with me for lunch, so I did end up eating half a Lara bar. Today I've got way more fresh food packed, so I should be all good.

I have the Nomnompaleo app and I like it. It's super handy and incredibly well designed! My favorite recipe sources are Well Fed, PaleOMG, Paleo Comfort Foods and then Nomnom. For us, Well Fed wins hands down though, so I cannot wait until her next cookbook is released!

Started yesterday; so far; so good...looking for ideas, support, etc. Still have to dive into the book and learn more; but I get the general premise and did not want to wait. I am trying not to weigh myself for 30 day's which I believe may be the hardest part! I will check into to this area as we are all starting at the same time.

Happy, Healthy Eating!!! :-)

Yes! I started Monday. I am new to forums like this but am looking to read about what others are doing that may add to my success. My 23 year old daughter is joining along so I have a partner which is really helpful. So far so good. Today I am sleepy again, but I have attributed it to the time change here in the U.

S. I brought my lunch today - some left over salad - with lots of nutrient-dense vegetables and some leftover pork roast.

I'm looking forward to following along with others who may have started this week.

My favorite recipe sources are Well Fed, PaleOMG, Paleo Comfort Foods and then Nomnom. For us, Well Fed wins hands down though, so I cannot wait until her next cookbook is released!

Thanks for these recommendations! I have a soft spot for buying cookbooks and end up with waaay too many, so I'm trying to be more selective. I'm into Well Fed right now and just found the NomNom site. Didn't know she had an app, will have to check it out!

Last night I roasted two big sheet pans of veggies--asparagus, zuccini, sweet potatos and carrots. I intended it to last me for the rest of the week. But my kids pounced! At first I felt angry, then I thought "Wait a minute, my kids are eating vegetables. This is wonderful". Maybe making the switch for the whole family will be easier than I thought.

So far doing great. I have not had cravings. I have, however, felt almost too full.

Good job everybody! Yes I can relate with the "feeling full." I love that my meals are carrying me through for longer than 2 hours. Also, if any of you instagram, I started a new account to keep a food diary of the foods I eat to keep me motivated to cook and not give up! My account is "tvwhole30" if anyone would like to check it out :) motivation would help!

hi everyone!

Day 3 here and chugging along. glad to see there are a few of us doing this together. This is my 4th....W30. Love this lifestyle if I can detox off the carbs because the first week is really tough....hang in there all. The key hear is to support each other....group (hug).....

Hi, gang!

Doing well so far. Had cooked eggs over raw green with olive oil for brekkie; a burger made from grassfed beef ground with a little beef liver over greens for lunch; and poached salmon over greens with sauerkraut for dinner.

I also did 45 minutes of Zumba Gold for exercise and had a blast!

I have my first follow up appointment with my alternative care doc tomorrow and we'll be looking at diet issues then. He will probably ask me to abstain from eggs, nuts and nightshades. If he does, I will incorporate his suggestions---at least for the duration of my whole30. It will be challenging for me because eggs are my morning go-to protein, and I like them. But it's not as hard as illness is.

Pea

Day 2: Dinner done; and I am full: Grass fed beef and mashed/smashed steamed cauliflower with a bit of organic butter and salt/garlic; still have to buy Ghee; My son loved the beef and cauliflower too. I have an issue craving coffee...How much can I have if I don't use sugar?? I think I want it because it is my go to treat...I have to buy coconut milk, used soy today which I know if not good, but Tomorrow I start coconut. Keep up the good work everyone....Peace. Kristy

Only two days in, but I did a few "unofficial" days as I was reading ISWF, so feels like it should be day 6! :) Hopefully my brain catches up soon... Haha, or slows down I should say!

Today was a good day. HB eggs and a little left over sweet potato for b'fast, Sri Lankan fish stew for lunch, and garlic mince with veggies and an apple w/ lots of cinnamon for dinner. More water than yesterday, but still working on it... Cheers to another good day tomorrow :)

Ready for Day 3 here! I felt great yesterday and had the Thai beef Stew again. I took samples into my office for my girls. They loved it too! I successfully turned down all offers for ordering lunch and having snacks we normally do together. They are supportive, but old habits die hard. Lol. Have a great day all,

Archived