Anyone Starting 3/11 (Monday)?

Jessica M.

I'm really enjoying this thread too!

Starting day 4 and I had a long morning already! Prepped beef stew with acorn squash in the crock pot for tonight's dinner, had carnitas with avocado and salsa in coconut flour tortillas for breakfast and then packed up salmon and veggies for lunch.

I'm tired too. Even though I slept fine last night, I'm barely holding my eyes open today at work. Luckily, things are about to get really busy here, so I should be able to survive! I'm hoping I have enough energy for tonight as I have a core workout and bowling practice on the docket.

Oh, and I'm craving caramel and nuts. Go figure. I don't remember the last time I ate caramel but a friend posted a picture of these caramel and nut topped brownies she made on facebook and I can't stop day dreaming about them. Luckily, she's not local to me!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my first batch(es) going right now! I bought a scoby though from the health food store. The waiting is hard. I'm a Kombucha fanatic.

That's great! How're yours doing? Is it as easy (besides of course the waiting! ) as it sounds? I'd love to make my own as store bought is $$ and my friends all make much sweeter versions than I prefer. I started drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water on a mission trip to Guatemala to keep a happy stomach and liked the taste so much I kept it up :) I feel like Kombucha is like the "Grey Goose" version of that - SO good :)

It is simple but I haven't had my first batch yet. You can let sit for up to 30 days and the longer the less sweet. My first batch is on day 10 so going to wait until at least day 14 and then I am going to double ferment some (add the fruit juice and keep out for a few days) so that means a couple more days. My plan is to let it go until 21 days this first time (for the plain). So far so good! The scoby was like $15 and the directions were great. She suggested that you keep in a cooler and put warm tap water which I change twice a day in other glass bottles to increase the temp so fermentation happens quicker and I'm doing it.

So, we'll see!

Glad to hear day 4 is going well! I was a little more tire and feel fatigued today (other reasons...ahem) but other than that feeling great! Was still able to run this morning and going 4 hours strong since breakfast! :)

Good for your Mandicakes! I just finished reading the email for Day 4 (worth every bit of the $14.95 in my opinion) and one of the strategies for combating cravings is to hide it, or remove yourself. The email also mentioned if you decide you really are hungry - eat something that is protein and fat if your cravings have been for sweets. Don't eat fruit.

Great response to a hard thing!

Ruthanne

Hey guys how we all doing? Well day 4 been fine no cravings and no tiredness. :-)

However I keep worrying about the amount I'm eating! So use to counting calories or atleast watch my food intake do its hard to stop. My belly is always full but worried I will pile on the weight.

Today I had 3 egg omelette in coconut oil, lunch was homemade sausage and an egg with veg, dinner was chilli chicken salad. Then had some melon.

Atleast I ain't hungry I suppose lol.

Lets see what day 5 brings! X

I am tired today - I was yesterday too but I think today is worse. I have been sleeping well but am sleeping when I get up after 8 hours. I think there will be chicken thighs for dinner with assorted vegetables and a good salad.

This forum is really helping me. Thanks for all of your input!

Ruthanne

Hey guys how we all doing? Well day 4 been fine no cravings and no tiredness. :-)

However I keep worrying about the amount I'm eating! So use to counting calories or atleast watch my food intake do its hard to stop. My belly is always full but worried I will pile on the weight.

Today I had 3 egg omelette in coconut oil, lunch was homemade sausage and an egg with veg, dinner was chilli chicken salad. Then had some melon.

Atleast I ain't hungry I suppose lol.

Lets see what day 5 brings! X

I know the feeling!! I feel so full and I'm used to counting too so it's been really hard to let go, follow the template, and go on with my day haha I'm just not used to eating this much food! Those veggies sure fill you up!!!

Day 4 - It's a beautiful, sunny day here! Going to try and enjoy it this evening as we're suppose to be in for snow tomorrow. I'm more than ready for spring!

HB eggs and nuts for b'fast, garlic mince with veg and homemade mayo for lunch, just getting to dinner now - mushrooms with a bit more mayo and a nice fish curry. I'm trying to make sure my meals are big enough so that I don't want to snack, but after sooo long of 5-6 mini meals a day, it's a bit odd feeling to just have 3! Nice, but odd.

Also, drank finally drank enough water! Woo woo!

When I did my first Whole30, it was about half way through before I stopped thinking about additional meals (and totally stopped needing them). I remember feeling almost naked going to work with just one regular sized meal in my lunch bag instead of a huge bag of food for the day!

Day 4 was a little annoying with an almost constant headache hovering in the background. It wasn't nearly as bad as last time though and today, I feel pretty good. I'm still a bit sleepy, but there is definite improvement.

Veggies and chicken apple sausage for breakfast, leftovers (beef stew over acorn squash) for lunch and probably Caribbean Seafood Stew from Everyday Paleo for dinner. I've not made it before, so hopefully we both like it! I'am also craving quacamole, so I'll probably make some and snack on that with carrots before dinner.

Feeling good this morning. Two hb eggs for breakfast. Did not bring my lunch because I didn't plan it last night. I think I will be okay taking apart what is offered in the cafe at work - but it is so worth planning out the day before - note to self.

I hope you all have a great day.

Ruthanne

Day Five...going strong; added half hour of Yoga; felt good to move...slow and steady. My mood was satan last night and pleasent and energized today.

gotta get a recipe book...any suggestions??

Peace and Health

For Whole30 - you can't beat Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan. All but one recipe in the book is Whole30 approved and they are all delicious. :)

Day 5 is going well! I had enough energy to do a 6 mile run this morning plus an hour long Nike training class! So good :) and just finished my post workout meal. I hope you all are doing well!!

Yay we made it past the "kill all things-day 4" stage!!

:)

Day five started out really rough! I couldn't do my usual HIIT cardio/weight workout. I was so annoyed I didn't have energy to power through it! I even yelled at my husband because I was mad.

I'm going camping today so lets hope I can run before I lose my mind! 5 days of no workouts are making me crazy

Hi folks,

Life has thrown me a curve. Yesterday my dad (going to be 83 in a couple of weeks) had a heart attack while exercising at the gym. Thankfully, there were doctors and nurses at the gym and they tended to him while waiting for the EMTs to arrive. At the hospital, they were able to do a cardiac catheterization, discover the blockage in his right coronary artery, unblock it, and put in a stent. He came through great, looks really good today.

I am very very happy to tell you that despite the stress and the long hours in the hospital yesterday, I stuck with the whole30. I was tempted to succumb to the comfort of a giant chocolate chunk cookie, but just thinking about my dad----and about my needing to be around for a long time for my own young adult children---kept me honest.

So it's hard to tell how I feel since I feel like crap from stress, anxiety and too little sleep, but.....otherwise, so far, so good!

Pea

I remember feeling almost naked going to work with just one regular sized meal in my lunch bag instead of a huge bag of food for the day!

Haha, this is how I feel! It used to be full of small, individual things for snacks and "just in case"... That's one I'll happily get over! I personally love leftovers, so one real meal of leftovers at lunchtime totally wins in my book.

Day 5 today: Snow is back and now I'm particularly glad I filled up on sunshine/Vit D yesturday! B'fast was pineapple, carrots, nuts, coffee with coconut oil. Lunch was mince with veg and lot of mushrooms, topped with a bit of pureed sweet potato and baked - like a shepard's pie. I might be in love with the texture of pureed straight sweet potato. It's just so darn rich and thick and velvety. Thanks W30, I never would have known! I made a curry for tonight with a bit of tamarind, tomato, and all the lone bits of vegatables left in my fridge this week. I've got a pound of salmon left, so that'll probably go in right before we eat. Can't wait for fishing season, our freezer is empty...

I started Monday 3/11 as well. Today has been the hardest for me. I woke up feeling really nauseous and I am really tired. Is anyone else feeling this way? I was thinking maybe this plan is not for me, but reading the forum has given me a boost of spirit.

Pea - I'm sorry to hear about the scare, but glad that your dad is doing well! Hang in there...you'll feel better all-around soon, I'm sure.

rachdc - Don't give up yet! I'm super tired too and for a long time, had difficulty making myself eat in the morning (which was weird because I always used to wake up hungry, pre-Whole30). It's normal and it gets way better, eventually.

If anyone hasn't seen it, you all definitely need to review the timeline. For me, the timing was different, but I did experience every single stage in my first two Whole30s. Some of them were out of the order presented here though...so don't get discouraged!!

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole30-timeline/

love to the member with her dad in the hospital...sending good vibes and that is AMAZING you didn't eat comfort food...

I did better today; day 5, more energy; Dinner out with friends...I had a "greek salad" no feta, no pita; grilled chicken. seltzer water with lemon.

Having coffee with coconut milk.

Onto day 6 tomorrow: just a note....I have taken to "smelling/inhaling the scent of my kids dessert...and I have been mildly satisfied" wierd.

Peace and Health...Keep Going All. NO sugar is hard, but NOT impossible at all. *also thanks for the cookbook idea.

Till tomorrow.

Hi folks,

Life has thrown me a curve. Yesterday my dad (going to be 83 in a couple of weeks) had a heart attack while exercising at the gym. Thankfully, there were doctors and nurses at the gym and they tended to him while waiting for the EMTs to arrive. At the hospital, they were able to do a cardiac catheterization, discover the blockage in his right coronary artery, unblock it, and put in a stent. He came through great, looks really good today.

I am very very happy to tell you that despite the stress and the long hours in the hospital yesterday, I stuck with the whole30. I was tempted to succumb to the comfort of a giant chocolate chunk cookie, but just thinking about my dad----and about my needing to be around for a long time for my own young adult children---kept me honest.

So it's hard to tell how I feel since I feel like crap from stress, anxiety and too little sleep, but.....otherwise, so far, so good!

Pea

So sorry to hear about your dad. My father has been battling cancer, so I can completely understand and relate to everything you said. I use that as part of my motivation for this Whole30 and my smoking cesation efforts that are going along with it. Prayers be with you, your father, and your family. Kudos to having the will and strength to keep your health in mind at your difficult time. Stay strong.

Day 5 was difficult. I worked a 15-hour day that started before the sun rose and ended after it set. Tomorrow is my kiddo's birthday party, so I will be facing temptation galore. I am confident I can make my way through. I had dinner out with my mother tonight while doing some party prep errands. I think I nearly drove our waitress half crazy with my interrogation. I asked how is this prepared? What kind of oil is that cooked in? Can I sub this for that? When they brought the salad already tossed in dressing, I bypassed. The poor gal tried to pick me out pieces without dressing, but there was cheese and tiny bits of dressing here and there. I kindly waited for her to busy herself elsewhere and tossed it all. My mother said "A tiny bit will not hurt you." To which I proudly replied, "So not worth the risk or restart." It's the little victories and knowing you we're strong enough to just say no that count. Hope everyone had a great Day 5 and stay strong in Day 6. I will say part of my motivation was knowing I would have to check in with y'all! So thank you so much for your support :)

@Kristy Cas I sniffed a coworker today because I was stressed and I could smell the alcohol I was craving on her. Ok, not as weird as it sounds, I promise! I had a really rough day and was working well past office close time. This particular coworker is a really close friend and was at the pub across the street. She came back over to check on me and when she got close, I could smell the alcohol. I joked with her about it and it gave us both a good laugh. By the way, I stayed far from the pub and the smell of the alcohol actually wasn't even tempting. Just the dessert smelling post made me laugh after that event today. Lol

Archived