Just SPLURGED on almond butter

I've been noticing recently that my nut and nut-butter eating has started getting way too high. I never had an issue with nuts before, but now that I'm not eating sugar or grains, I think nuts have become my go-to over indulgent treat. I actually just packed up my remaining nuts to donate to my workplace so I don't have them in the house late at night when they suddenly become too tempting.

I am ten days into this program, as well, and noticed the same thing for me...not only have I had to cut WAY back on the nut butters, but the allowance of dried, sugar-free, non-sulfured fruit (think, dried mango)....is a no-no in my kitchen until I am A LOT further into the program. Whodathunk that a strawberry schmeared with a little homemade almond butter dipped in unsweetened organic coconut could be so blissful alongside my eggs and avocado for breakfast? While incredibly divine...the nuts and fruit are going to have to take a backseat for a while until this old, ravaged brain gets aligned. I hear ya...and can empathize more than you know!

Funny thing is...at the same time all of these revelations are going on, some good ones are going on at the same time, too. Revelations like...old, hyped up tastebuds are feeling new life. Coffee really is very good without cream and sugar. Food really can taste delicious without cheese and loads of condiments. It has been quite enjoyable in the last ten days discovering that the taste of one strawberry can bring MORE happiness than, say, what I thought used to...like a crappy vanilla latte from the local barista.

This is the amazing part of this journey...for me, anyway. Looking forward to when almond butter becomes a luxurious treat, rather than a replacement fix...so-to-speak. For now...it has to be held at an arm's length in my house, too!

Archived