Starting Whole30... with a cold

TMK216

I had it all set up to start Whole30 on Sunday 6/17 but being exposed to a few sickly kids caused a big bad cold. It wasn't bad the first day, but come Monday and Tuesday I was downing my old standbys- pineapple juice to pump up my vitamin C and throat tamer tea from celestial seasonings. Today I got to the section of ISWF where it states juice is excluded as well as other additives (soy lecithin in the tea) -oops! :unsure: Now I don't know what to do.

I believe I've been upholding most of the Whole30, just slipped on the juice and tea. I know doctor's orders trumps Whole30, so I don't think I need to be concerned about the sugar and alcohol in the nyquil I've been taking too.

What should I do at this point? Wait until my cold is over to start again or continue the next 26 days?

The cold is getting better, but history tells me I'll still be sick until the week-end.

Thanks for your help!

Theresa,

It's totally up to you! One option is to finish out the 30 days and then add in a couple more if you choose to at that time. 30 isn't exactly a magic number, and most of us are far from perfect on our first Whole30 attempt - that's not the point. The point is what we learn from the experience.

I say stay on track and don't worry so much about the number of days at this point! Trust your body to let you know what you need to know!

Archived