Is the dairy excluded limited to pasteurized?

shannynh

No dairy on Whole30 - I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in with appropriate information and details though. (Where do you get the milk? My children have fantasies of owning cows, hence my question. Hehe)

No dairy on Whole30 - I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in with appropriate information and details though. (Where do you get the milk? My children have fantasies of owning cows, hence my question. Hehe)

There's a local farm that is licensed to sell it. The cows are pastured and grass fed!

Raw, organic milk MAY be less of a problem than the stuff you can buy in stores, but it does not make the cut for a Whole30. Milk proteins are implicated in a variety of health issues.

I figured, I wasn't going to have any, just curious! Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

What about raw organic whole milk that has been kefired for over 24 hours to reduce the amount of lactose. I noticed it is allowed for vegetarians but if i'm following W30 that include meat but consume 1/4c of milk kefir about twice a week, will this matter?

We really advise people not to cherrypick from the two programs. W30 totally excludes dairy, legumes etc as Tom has said. However some people, for religious or ethical reasons don't eat meat or eggs. The W30 was adapted so that vegetarians and vegans could also eliminate the most problamatical foods. Some of the foods allowed on this program like dairy and legumes could still cause problems for some people but if you're not having meat protein has to come from somewhere.

The W30 is an elimination diet so if you follow the original W30 eliminating all dairy, grains, legumes etc, then you will get the best possible results. After 30 days when you reintroduce your raw milk or keffir you'll really know how your body reacts to it, sometimes problems can be deeply hidden and this shows them up, but if you keep taking it, even in small amounts, throughout your 30 days, you won't see these results. You really deserve the best results you can get. Good luck

Hi Kirsteen, Thanks for your response i have since excluded Kefir also for the remainder of my whole 30.. Although i should have probably started again.

I know i have a diary allergy and haven't eaten dairy for years but a few months prior to starting the whole 30, i started introducing raw organic milk kefir 1 tsp at a time till i was having 1/4 c a couple of time a week and was handling it well and really benefitting from the probiotics. I don't plan on reintroducing other dairy products, legumes and gluten once i have finished the whole 30 because i don't see any benefit in eating these foods and i know the effects they have on my gut and immune system.

Archived