Those needing quick breakfast idea

dianavuong

I was running out of ideas for breakfast, so on a whim this morning, I decided to have a spinach salad with a can of tuna, guacamole, and pico de gallo salsa. I sprinkled some Forward Seasoning from Penzey's Spices. I thought it would be kinda gross but surprisingly, it was delicious! Everything was pre-packaged from Trader Joes so it literally took less than 3 minutes to put together! The most difficult part was draining the water from the tuna. I highly recommend if you're pinched for time and getting sick of eggs! Though I'm sure a chopped up egg would be delicious in this as well!

• 3 weeks later...

What - you mean you don't snarf down a tin of sardines for breakfast, coupled with lettuce, cukes and tomato, that's one of my favourites ;)

Lol! One of my faves too, that or sardines and turnips....mmmmm.... :P

What - you mean you don't snarf down a tin of sardines for breakfast, coupled with lettuce, cukes and tomato, that's one of my favourites

Not sure what my problem is with fish for meal one. When people talk about salmon for breakfast, I throw up a little in my mouth. :0)

Not sure what my problem is with fish for meal one. When people talk about salmon for breakfast, I throw up a little in my mouth. :0)

Try imagining a lighter tasting fish perhaps? Canned tuna or salmon doesn't really appeal to me, but one of my favorite breakfasts in the past was broiled grouper or mahi with roasted veggies and a piece of fruit. Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this while eating my non-fish breakfast this morning and it prompted me to put fish on my grocery list.

Try imagining a lighter tasting fish perhaps? Canned tuna or salmon doesn't really appeal to me, but one of my favorite breakfasts in the past was broiled grouper or mahi with roasted veggies and a piece of fruit. Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this while eating my non-fish breakfast this morning and it prompted me to put fish on my grocery list.

Still blechy. :unsure:

Archived