First time caller, long time listener

Jason Young

Isn't that what everybody says when calling into a radio talk show? I sort of feel that way here. I have friends who have introduced me to the Paleo lifestyle. I've listened, but just never subscribed to the philosophy until now. I'm on Day 10 of the Whole 30 and seeing tremendous changes already. The weight loss is pretty evident in my face and waist line, but the greatest thing to come from the Whole 30 so far is that I've quit nicotine altogether (was a smokeless tobacco user for 20 years). I've tried in the past and miserably failed, but this time it has been much easier, and I've been much more pleasant without the moodiness that came along with the nicotine withdrawal. I feel like the diet is just completely ridding my body of all of the toxins I've fed it for that last 38 years. I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is day 22 for me. I have been 99.5% compliant. The only "cheats" have been nitrate/nitrite free bacon for breakfast and grassfed butter when I made crab legs. Zero sugar. Zero grains. Zero legumes. Zero dairy (other than the gf butter). Down 24#. Down 1 shirt size. Feel awesome. Off daily allergy meds. Off daily anti-inflammatories. Sleeping better. Nicotine free. Not a bad 3 weeks, eh?

Archived