W30- Opening up to Whole Life!

Today I am my 9th day out of my W30... I am still going strong!! My cancer will not defeat me!!

I have dabbled in reintroduction with minor things as I also have Celiac, so going back to trying to find "Gluten Free" friendly foods without cross contamination is not exactly on my to-do list. It's almost one big fat to-don't.... I am loving how I am eating..

I have noticed that in the mornings, I find myself snacking on approved LARABAR-- only about half and then I store it away.... not sure if I am still hungry? or dehydrated?... I eats lots of protein in the morning, maybe I need to add more simple fats? Any suggestions are helpful...

I can't wait for my checkup on Day 45!!!! This is going to be so exciting!!

Littlepeanut- do you find that having celiacs has made digesting all grains difficult? I never got tested though was suspected to be pre-celiac, and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat any grains again. Rice and corn do terrible things to my mental state.

Do you have any bad reactions to coffee or chocolate? They are gluten cross reactive.

Hope you don't mind my asking as if you are somehow my digestive doppelgänger.

Littlepeanut- do you find that having celiacs has made digesting all grains difficult? I never got tested though was suspected to be pre-celiac, and I don't think I'll ever be able to eat any grains again. Rice and corn do terrible things to my mental state.

Do you have any bad reactions to coffee or chocolate? They are gluten cross reactive.

Hope you don't mind my asking as if you are somehow my digestive doppelgänger.

Ask away!! It's how we learn! :)

Once I was diagnosed with Celiac, I was advised against any and all grains; even if they "claimed" to be gluten-free. It wasn't worth the risk and despite it being difficult...you learn to find other options to eat with yogurt, breakfast, snack, etc...LARABAR is a great substitute... it's soy, gluten, dairy, etc free no sugar added, vegan and non GMO... I recommend looking into those. Target, Meijer, Trader Joe's all have them so start there? It's becoming more of a popular brand or you can buy them online.

I buy certified organic coffee that is Gluten Free from a mercantile in my hometown and I rarely drink it now... I started to ween myself off when I started W30 (I was a constant drinker all day long...). I drink maybe one cup in the early morning after breakfast now about every 3-4days.?? Or the weekends and that's it...

As far as chocolate. I gave it alllll up when I started W30, but before with my Celiac, I wasn't a big "chocolate" eater unless it was organic dark chocolate from Trader Joe's (Whole Foods, or wherever).

It's very hard to get tested if you have already started removing Gluten from your diet. The test won't be accurate...and if you have post reactions, it could just be your body reintroducing something OR it could be the intollerance. It's very difficult to say.

I don't eat rice or corn anymore as I don't "miss" them. So if I don't miss it, I'm not reintroducing it. When I feel I have a rice craving...making mashed cauliflower or "cauliflower pasta" are great substitutes without the risk of cross-contamination. I'm not a big starch eater but I used to loooooove me some pasta... but now I make do without since there are so many other options out there for me!

I hope this helps answer your questions. My digestion now is fantastic... I don't have any issues... and with the reintroduction, I recommended TEENY TINY SMALL amounts... in progression. Don't rush right into it. Let your body try and adapt... if it's a tummy ache, try to keep the mental out of it and genuinley "feel" if your body is rejecting it because it can't eat it or if your brain is doing the work. :)

Keep my posted on your findings!!

Thanks! I don't plan to reintroduce grains because I don't miss them either. I suppose chocolate an coffee are "maybes" but I know neither one do me any favors. It is nice to hear that a celiac is having coffee without problems though.

Archived