hokiedelicious

Flavored seltzer water

I have not been able to find anything about flavored seltzer water. I used to drink Seagrams Lime or Citrus, but the ingredients only say "water, natural flavorings" so I am not sure if it is compliant or not. I am fine with having an occasional unflavored seltzer or sparkling with fresh lime in it, but thought I would ask before I drink one and have to start over. :)

I wish everyone would drink plain water, but flavored seltzer water is acceptable.

I think you worded it differntly when I asked. So I limited myself to two flavored sletzers during my W30. The rest was good old plain water,

uh, thanks :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I could see it as a change a pace but why bother with natual flavoring when there is just plain natural water especially during W30? Easy for me I guess, that's all i drink. All day, every day.

:) I'm trying to be gentler.

I keep a bottle of pure lemon juice in my refrigerator door. When I want something "different," I add a splash of lemon juice to my glass of tap water. The last time I had real lemons in the house, I let them spoil before I used them.

I am curious,Tom, why do you suggest water only? I love sparkling mineral water, and it helps soothe my throat. Is there any reason why it would be a bad thing? I also love to squeeze lemon into my water on a regular basis. Before my Whole30 I didn't drink much soda.

I don't suppose flavored water is bad, but I like simple and nothing is simpler than plain water. And I worry when people focus on flavored waters that they are staying too close to processed, artificial foods. Of course, I have drunk black coffee my entire life too. When I started drinking coffee at age 17, milk or cream was not consistently available, so I decided I would drink my coffee black and not worry about it. Later, when I could add any number of flavors, I didn't because black was my way.

I really like iced water (or seltzer water) with some apple cider vinegar. I call it poor man's kambucha. :D

How much cider vinegar do you add to the seltzer?