Anyone NOT lost weight on this 30 day program??

totally thread-jacking to offer this article, which i read through nom nom paleo the other day:

http://www.ancestralizeme.com/2012/03/27/paleo-women-are-phat/

i'm not in love with every bit of language in the article (the "not everyone can be 'perfect'" phrasing here & there seems to reinforce just what the article is trying to undo: false body concepts, ie "thin" = "perfect") but overall, and in conjunction with some stuff i've studied (unrelated to paleo), and what feels to me like common sense and experience, i'm a big, big, big fan of this article.

totally thread-jacking to offer this article, which i read through nom nom paleo the other day:

http://www.ancestral...women-are-phat/

i'm not in love with every bit of language in the article (the "not everyone can be 'perfect'" phrasing here & there seems to reinforce just what the article is trying to undo: false body concepts, ie "thin" = "perfect") but overall, and in conjunction with some stuff i've studied (unrelated to paleo), and what feels to me like common sense and experience, i'm a big, big, big fan of this article.

That was a pretty good article. It saddens me when I see fat comments on a news story with photos of celebrites. Some of the photos show women who have almost no bodyfat and are probably a size 4, yet people are calling them fat because they don't look exactly like the "perfect" body, whatever that means. I think that we are individuals, and some women will never be a size 0, while some will never go above a size 8.

The Paleo community can be awesome, but it also has some serious flaws, imo. I used to be active online within the community, but I left because of some of the attitudes there. I sometimes hesitate recommending Paleo forums and blogs to an over 40 morbidly obese sedentary person, because a good bit of the discussions center around under 40 mildly overweight folks, who are able to jump into Crossfit or P90X without a problem, and look fabulous in a month.

JMO.

Archived