No Gallbladder Plus Food Sensitivities - Can I Really Do This?!

Ladybugdi

I am not sure how but I stumbled across this site yesterday when I googled "what can I eat when I can't eat dairy, eggs or gluten". My ND recently told me to completely stop eating all dairy and eggs and to limit gluten to twice a week. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and I cannot digest much fat though using bile salts does help with that. I also have a MTHFR gene mutation (for those with chronic illnesses you might want to look into this) so I must avoid anything with Folic Acid. Let me tell you, this is traumatic news to the queen of convenience eating!! And I am STARVING!!

Can I eat this way with all of my limitations? As much as I am desperate for relief from my health problems, I am honestly afraid to hope I can do this as I have an impressive track record of failed attempts "to eat healthy". On the other hand, I have probably stopped eating many of the no no foods already so maybe it won't be so tough? Where does my exhausted and overwhelmed self start? Thoughts? Advice? Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!

Diana

Hi Diana, there are loads of people on here with all sorts of food sensitivities and quite a number, including Robin the moderator without a gallbladder. When we have extra issues it can sometimes make it harder to follow the program and can take a bit more planning but many have done it and, in some ways, you have a head start already being off dairy and gluten. I'd really recommend reading the book It Starts With Food. It contains all the information on the W30 program and explains exactly why it's the way it is.

There's also a forum, if you scroll down the page 'W30 with medical conditions'. there's been lots of discussion there about lack of a gallbladder. If you have to limit folic acid, I presume you'll already have a list of foods high in this that you have to avoid? Obviously it may take a bit more planing to factor your meals around this but, as I said, many people have managed this with lots of food sensitivities. don't be afraid to ask any specific questions you have and I know if you decide to go ahead witha W30, you'll get lots of support here. good luck

Archived