mixing the shopping lists

Hi all,

I'm on day 5 of the program, so far so good. Definitely feeling the benefits. However, I'm not a huge meat eater and I'm eating a lot more than I usually do. I'm starting to struggle with it. I've been eating eggs, and tuna is the only fish I'll eat, and I've beenm having those nearly every day.

My questionsare:

1. can I eat off both of the omnivore shopping list as well as the vegetarian one?

2. on the vegetarian shopping list, it says various beans (properly prepared)- and I read that this is soaking them, cooking them, etc. are there any beans we should/shouldnt be consuming?

Thanks so much!

Grace

I would say no. The vegetarian shopping list includes a lot of compromises--foods that really don't make the cut but have to be allowed because someone will not eat animal foods. If you are an omnivore, you will be much much better off sticking to the regular whole30 shopping list. Now would be a great time to expand your palate and try different protein sources (ie. if you like canned tuna, try canned salmon, etc.) and different preparations (if you don't like meat on the bone, try ground meat, experiment with slow cooked protein, etc., etc.). It may take some work, especially at first, but it is totally totally worth it.

Archived