Day 4 and a question

yerocasil

Hello!

I am on day 4 today and am feeling pretty good. I've done some elimination diets before (though I didn't do them correctly, as I just eliminated one food group at a time), so I am familiar with the cruddy feelings and headaches that come with starting one. I did have a question about headaches if anyone has any thoughts. Before starting my head has hurt for a long time. I can't remember a day it didn't hurt. I would say it is fairly mild pain most of the time (I don't take meds for it). But, when I eat it always seems worse. Is this common? I have noticed the headaches improving a tiny bit, but even though I am eating much healthier now I still notice them getting worse right after I eat. I'm hoping they go away completely and I know it is very early. Just thought I would see if anyone had an thoughts. So far things are going pretty well for me though and today I'm feeling much better than I did days 2-3 (though they really weren't terrible). My husband and one of my good friends are starting a whole30 this Monday with me (they waited a week for various reasons, but I was feeling so bad I just needed to start). Looking forward to improving my health and the health of my family!

No, not really. Told the doctor once and she just gave me meds. I do tense my jaw a lot and have asked the dentist about it. She made me a mouthguard, but it is so hard to get used to. I never connected that though with eating. I know whem my jaw is more tense that my head does hurt more. Hmmm....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having headaches daily, though they have become less intense. I am now on day 14. Is it normal to continue to have headaches this long? I do think they are somewhat related to my jaw. I also am having my monthly time, which makes headaches worse, but I really haven't had any relief from them in the 14 days of my Whole 30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I would guess that your headaches are related to your jaw problems. And you have been having headaches every day before you started doing a Whole30. I would not count on the Whole30 solving your jaw problem and consequently making your headaches stop. Sorry.

Archived