Insane Sweet Craving - Day 8

I am on day 8 and the past day or so have been dealing with major sweet cravings. I just feel like I eat, but I'm not satisfied because I WANT something sweet or maybe just bread-like? I've had fruit here and there.

Granted, I have a higher-than-average stressful job. I'm a midwife and juggle many hats at many times. I'm a single mom of a large family (6 kids) and going through immigration with my British fiance. We are going to end up with a year apart as the process goes, I haven't seen him since Nov and we're hopeful he will be here by late Oct.

The past two days have dealt with labor issues with a client. So I'm not discounting the idea that this is a stress craving. My cycle is due to begin in 2 days as well.

I just want to know what tips will help. I know increased protein will aid sugar cravings, but feel like I'm hitting that right on. I have learned to drink coffee black.. and like all sorts of teas.

So for the PLUS SIDE of what's going on -- my blood sugars are at the LOW end of normal and I feel great overall. They were on the higher end of normal and the brain shrinkage articles DEFINITELY got my attention. I've poked my finger here and there (fast, random, 1hr after meals, etc) just to see what's going on with me and I'm very very pleased. In just 8 days there is a very noticeable difference in my stomach (upper abdomen) tho I haven't lost much in my face or elsewhere, but hey, that's fine! It's remarkable how that has changed.

I have been battling this urge for two days now and I've been 100% compliant. I don't feel as if I'm likely to slip off plan, but I am starting to feel unhappy due to *that* constant nagging empty feeling going on. Suggestions?

I think you're absolutely right, stress plus your cycle is probably responsible. Many people find eating more in the days before they're due really helps, so make sure you absolutely have enough to eat and aren't hungry at all. As well as making sure you have enough protein, i'd also make sure you're not skimping on fat, increasing it can help too. Just be aware that when our sugar cravings are strong, having fruit can actually feed these and make them worse. Good luck and I'm sure it'll ease soon, the more we refuse to give into cravings, the weaker they become.

Well done Bridget!

I really struggle with sweet cravings during W30 and mine are very psychological -- just your basic commitment issue! Prior to the diving into the Whole9 lifestyle I really didn't have a sweet tooth and would often dislike something for being too sweet. Now, occasionally, I get INsane for cake or candy for a solid couple of hours every few days.

I've been trying to assuage the cravings with tea and I've found one by Numi that's great: pu ehr with cocoa. It's not sweet, or sweetened, but has just a hint of cocoa flavor plus the added digestive benefits of pu ehr. Sometimes just that bit of cocoa flavor is enough to remind how gross I'd feel after an entire slab of chocolate!

Archived