Day 5 temptation

Today was the first day I had real mental cravings. Days 2 and 3 I was HUNGRY, but didn't have any real mental cravings, so it's wasn't hard to stay on track, I just ended up with more than 3 meals. Today is Friday, often a night where I'd enjoy a couple glasses of wine and some take out. And on top of that it was a very stressful day at work and I really wanted to eat something to feel better. BUT! I didn't. I stayed on track, even when I went to whole foods to pick up a few things and was faced by many of my favorite non-compliant items.

So I feel good about staying mentally strong, especially since I rarely stick with any sort of eating plan/diet for more than a couple of days, and willpower is not my strong suit. Long term, I hope to make this my default way of eating, although I can certainly see eating some non-compliant things after my W30 is over, at least occasionally.

Thanks, Tom. I definitely wasn't eating enough for lunch at first and that led to me being hungry later in the day. I also think my body was adjusting to not having so many starchy carbs. I'm eating a bit more now, but I've found that I'm not as hungry unless its really time for a meal, because I've found a good balance of protein, carbs, fat to feel satisfied after a meal.

Archived