Kirsten's Whole30 Log

HelloKirst

I thought I would start food log here to document what I am eating as well as how I am feeling during the Whole30. I want to make sure I remember improvements, etc.

Today was my first day and I am actually anticipating a challenging month ahead...so here goes!

B - Frittata with eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onion, serrano chili, ground pork, coconut milk + coffee with a bit of coconut milk

L - Rogan Josh (but made with pork shoulder instead of lamb from Well Fed) and a sweet potato

D - Salmon, leek, asparagus with about a 1/2 cup of coconut milk, coconut aminos and chili flakes

S - Strawberries

Today went really well. Today was my first day without a Diet Coke in a long, long time. I've been drinking carbonated water instead. Each meal has been keeping me full for about 5 hours. I've also noticed that I am exhausted right now and it's really early for me to be tired, especially on a day that I didn't work out. I'm guessing it's because I didn't have Diet Coke today - I never thought the caffeine effected me, but it must. I'm hoping I sleep really well tonight - I've been struggling with sleep recently.

Thanks!

Today went pretty well. I didn't sleep well last night and instead of trying to stay asleep, I ended up turning on the TV for background noise. Such a terrible habit - I'd love to break it. I also weighed myself this morning - I might throw away my scale because keeping it put away in my closet isn't helping me not check my weight at all.

B - Frittata with eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onion, serrano chili, ground pork, coconut milk

S - 12 ounces of iced coffee

L - (I wasn't really hungry, but I made myself eat) Avocado and about 1/2 of a sweet potato

D - Coconut milk curry with 1/4 lb crab meat, carrot, celery, kale, leeks, fish sauce, coconut oil & red curry paste

Exercise - Ran a mile

I'm not feeling overly full - but I am a bit freaked out by how much fat I am eating (whole avocado + an entire can of coconut milk), but I am trusting whole30 and not going to worry about it. I'm getting back to crossfit tomorrow - so that should help me feel better about the amount of calories I am eating considering I am trying to lose weight.

Yes trust w30, you *can* lose weight when eating 50-60% fat, even though it sounds counter-intuitive.

Re the sleep maybe get a "sounds of nature" app on your phone, or a cd, that you can put on if you have trouble getting back to sleep.

Re the scales maybe put it *really* out of the way - up in the attic, in a friends house? after all you will want to weigh yourself on day 31 and see your results.

Thanks so much! I might stash the scale at a friends house until the 30 days is over. The sounds of nature app is a great idea. I jumped on the scale again this morning and I really want to break that habit because it's frustrating me, not making me excited.

Alright, today went pretty well.

B - Frittata with eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onion, serrano chili, ground pork, coconut milk + coffee with coconut milk

S - coffee (black)

L - Baked sweet potato "fries" and a grass fed venison burger (no bun) + lettuce and onion

D - A few bites of chicken curry

S - toasted coconut with cinnamon and salt

Yesterday was an odd day. I took a butchery class (amazing, by the way) and learned how to break down a quarter steer. I got to bring home loads of grassfed beef - so I spent the evening making the best stock out of the bones. I ended up having a glass of red wine yesterday, meaning that I need to start Whole 30 again. The quality of the wine (it was the most expensive that I have tried) was worth me having a glass - I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't skip it - but I'm happy that I kept the rest of my eating Whole 30, I stopped at one glass and I have been back on the Whole 30 wagon today.

B - Just black coffee - was running late and wasn't hungry

L - Some meat at the butchery class, mostly ground beef with stone mustard as well as some arugula and chard - both dressed with olive oil + a glass of wine

S - A few bites of sunflower seed butter

D - 3 scallops + coconut milk + broccoli + leeks + red curry + serrano chili + fish sauce

Today has been a bit of a jumble as well. I think weekends are going to be really tough for me.

B - Coffee

L - 2 pints (about two cups) of strawberries from the farmers market

S - a few bites of coconut butter, a few bites of sunflower seed butter, a couple spoonfuls of broth and a bite of chicken (I was cooking)

And now, I'm not hungry at all. I might have dinner, but I might not. I know ISWF tells you to eat even if you aren't hungry, but I really don't want to force myself to eat when I am full.

I ended up getting hungry last night and I ate:

D - 1/4 can of coconut milk + 3 scallops + fish sauce + ghost chili (so spicy) + curry paste + kale + leeks

S - a few more bites of coconut butter, banana, sunflower seed butter

Exercise yesterday - 3.4 mile run

I let myself get too hungry so I got a little snacky and I didn't wait to see if I was full before reaching for a banana. I've learned my lesson with that. Also, I think nut butters need to make their way out of my house. I've been overdoing them a little. I also jumped on the scale this morning and saw that I am down 3 lbs. I know I'm supposed to not be checking my weight - but 3 lbs in 5 days made me really happy.

Today went well. I even got exercise in.

B - Frittata with sweet potato, onion, bacon (whole30 approved, no sugar), serrano pepper

L - Tortilla soup (minus the tortilla) with tomatoes, beef stock, chicken thigh, chili peppers and an avocado

D - Curry with chicken thigh, asparagus, kale, curry paste, coconut milk (about a half can), chili pepper

Exercise - Crossfit (back, finally!) and a 2.38 mile run.

Crossfit - 50-40-30-20-10 wall balls and 50-40-30-20-10 situps: Not RX'd - I used a 10 lb wall ball and I didn't do all of the reps. I did the majority of them though.

30 second mountain climbers/30 second plank x 4.

Another good day today!

B - Frittata with sweet potato, onion, bacon (whole30 approved, no sugar), serrano pepper + coffee with coconut milk

L - Tortilla soup (minus the tortilla) with tomatoes, beef stock, chicken thigh, chili peppers, coconut milk and an avocado

D - Grassfed stew meat, asparagus, cabbage, broccoli, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos and 1/8 can of coconut milk

All went pretty well today. Long day today - I was really sore from crossfit and I skipped my workout (bad call, I think) and I didn't eat dinner until 10 pm. Which is way too late based on when I need to go to bed.

Day 8 is going well.

Going to crossfit tonight - not sure what the WOD is.

B - coffee with coconut milk

L - Rogan Josh (from Well Fed) made with pork shoulder instead of lamb + an avocado

D - Grass fed beef, kale, broccoli, cabbage, fish sauce, coconut oil & chili flakes

Archived