Binge eating on approved foods

Last night I ate 3 larabars instead of dinner. The beast still lives in me even with "approved" food. I am on day 28 today, but feeling bummed, I know I can do better. Extending my W30 a few more days until I leave for vacation. I don't plan on going crazy then either but will have less control over food choices so who knows. Mad at myself.

Stop it immediately. Beating yourself up does more harm than actually eating those bars. You, aknowledging that it wasn't the best choice is what matters. Now you know how these choices make you feel like. Learn from it and keep doing what's best for your body and mind. Good luck :)

Did you happen to read Melissa's post on being a recovering addict? I'm not sure where it is (and I have a hard time finding things on this site), but I read it just as I was thinking about starting up, and it's such an accurate and real message. You might find it helps. Sending compassionate thoughts your way--we all understand how you feel, I am sure. And you can do this.

Don't stress, I mean really? 3 larabars? Not ideal but hardly a binge! And instead of dinner as well.... unlikely you ate any more calories than you needed, they just weren't very nutrient dense calories. I doubt you've done much damage except for feeding that sugar dragon! Forget about it and move on, we're all human and can't expect to be perfect 100% of the time :)

Give yourself a break. And if you have a minute, maybe try to figure out what was going on yesterday that made you reach for Larabars instead of a "normal" dinner.

And, maybe it's ok to have a tame dragon living in your backyard? Would she be happy if you only fed her a Larabar once a week or something?

If you were compliant, hold on to that instead of shaming yourself for the food choices. It could have been Oreos!

Archived