Wholly Guacamole

Meganelizabetho

As far as I can tell, this is entirely compliant...

I know it's probably considered processed(?), but it's so convenient that it comes in one serving packages, so the rest doesn't turn brown overnight... There's a spicy one that I bought to try with paleomg's southwest meatloaf....

wholly-guacamole-200.jpg

Just wanted to double check

I have not been successful at freezing guac. Not sure why. I love my guac but I also love Wholly Guac when my avos are sitting in my kitchen refusing to get ripe. I bust out a little snack pack and life is okay again. :0)

I would like everyone to prefer making their own, but if there are no off-plan ingredients in Wholly Guacamole, it is okay to eat during a Whole30.

I prefer to make my own everything, but I'm a full time student (6 courses this semester/ 18 credits) and have an almost full time job (30hrs a week)... So preparing 90% of my own food is already taking up all of my free time. I do a few hours of prep every four days or so, but if I don't wanna lose sleep some things just have to be store bought. Guac seemed like a pretty safe sacrifice.

:/ I'm already struggling to find time to get my 7 hr of sleep in and complete all of my hw on time.

After I'm finished with my current w30 I'm planning on taking a few days to gather my thoughts and read the book, then I'm going to do it again, but with better time management and new recipes.

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, cristinamt said:

@Tom Denham so I'm thinking the 100-calorie packs of Wholly Guacamole are okay. I like them for on-the-go purposes. Is it safe to assume it's complaint?

As mentioned a few times today on your posts, you have to look at the ingredients on the item you want to purchase and consume.  This thread is over four years old and even if Tom (who is not moderating at this time) said yes you're still obligated to check for yourself on the item you want to buy.  That goes for the passion tea at Starbucks and any other item you want to eat or drink.  If it does say 'whole30 approved' on the packaging, then you have to read the ingredients everytime you buy.

• Moderators

Unfortunately there's no such list as it would be impossible to maintain.  Food manufacturers change their formulations all the time and without warning, so even if we said XYZ was okay and put it on a list, it would need to be checked and rechecked constantly... plus altho this is a fairly US-centric board, we do have international following... no list would help everyone.

The best thing people can do is learn to read the labels, know what's okay and not okay and then no list needed, you have all the tools availble for the rest of your life to make good food choices :)

Archived