Sick on day 20

My husband travelled for work this week. In addition to the 6 hours of flights, he worked 59 hours in 4 days which is a lot mor ethan usual. He was also on Whole30 and stayed fully compliant. Have I mentioned that he is amazing?

So, now he is home and sick. Fever, cough, congestion...all of the chest and up stuff. He has had one meal today, although he did sleep until about noon. He is doing OK with hydration and isn't hungry.

I don't think the illness is at all Whole30 related, but I'd love tips for helping him to recover and get the most of the Whole30.

He was coughing all night, so now it looks like we need to find a way of suppressing a nighttime cough without sugar or alcohol. I think we tried some of that stuff recently with little relief, but he had that crazy flu strain this year. Rough season for him.

Anyone have some good tips for suppressing a cough in order to facilitate sleep. He hydrates and we have a humidifier. I'd really appreciate some tips.

The cure alls - chicken soup, bone broth, spoonfuls of coconut oil? Herbal tea can help, sage is particularly good as it's antibacterial and will really help his throat. Steaming, holding his head over a basin of hot water with a couple of drops of lavender essential oil aded is also good. If all else fails and his cough is that bad I'd look for a (as compliant as possible) cough bottle. good luck

Archived