melbournegirl

Day11

7 hours sleep

Body combat

M1 orange, turkey mince and vege soup, sweet potato

M2 salad, avocado and beef burger

M3 mince and veggies plus raw carrot

6km run

M4 vege soup, beef and chicken, salad with some seaweed and ? (teppenyaki) grapes and strawberries

Tried to avoid all sauces, passed on the rice and miso and sake, not bad really, had soup before and some fruit after, feel a bit punched in the stomach though, too much green tea or the salad....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 12

Less than 7 hours sleep

Small piece of beef burger with ghee before boot camp

M1 half mango, turkey mince soup, sweet potato and ghee

M2 mince with veggies and fruit

M3 frittata

M4 teppenyaki chicken and veg with unknown vegetable oil .... But survived....

At a conference today, brought my own meals :)

Juzbo, I'm so impressed by your workouts. I'm just now starting to re-introduce cardio (walking at this point and some intervals in my weight training). It helps so much with mood and frame of mind. Looks like you got past the Day 5 slump and have powered on!

Day 13

8 hours sleep

M1 turkey mince soup, sweet potato and pumpkin soup

M2 salad with beef burger and fruit

M3 soup, sweet potato and a few cashews... End of the week treat!

M4 salmon, beans, carrots, potato, more fruit, cocoa

Survived another conference day, a bit too much fruit but way better than eating pasties, biscuits and sandwiches. Avoided coffee too, no mean feat!

Maryann, thanks! I have had a couple of really good days. Exercise really helps keep me in balance, good to hear you are up for it once more!

Not sure about shopping...... Arrive in Newcastle around 530 then being driven by a colleague to wyong 90 minutes away. Dinner and Breakfast should be okay... Steak/ veg and eggs/ spinach/ tomatoes but then at a factory for a few hours then driving back to Newcastle for afternoon plane... I guess there should be something at the airport? But not confident... I expect I am just nervous about it, don't know why I should be scared to be a bit hungry, I know I can last 7 hours... Maybe I don't think I am strong enough to resist temptation this close to the end??

Thanks moluv!

Day 14

6 hours sleep.. Need more :(

M1 last of the turkey soup plus made myself a small coffee, two weeks ain't bad!

30 minute run

Yoga

M2 sweet potato, ghee, grapes, dates

M3 soup, steak, carrot

M4 chicken, pumpkin, beans and tomatoes, cashews and brazil nuts, cocoa

Feeling a bit over all this..... Managed friends over without wine and dessert but had a late night snack of nuts and cocoa. A week to go then I'm done!

Day 15

I think about 8 hours sleep, late night but didn't get up early

M1 2 eggs, bacon and spinach, blueberries

Piloxing

M2 salad, small steak, olives, large sweet potato and ghee, pineapple

Half hour walk

M3 cashews, celery, cocoa and dates

I don't think I ate enough protein for lunch....

M4 salmon, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, raspberries and coconut cream

aw the sore stomach, I can sympathize. I'm in the grips of a wicked flare myself :(

I know we can make it longer next time without irritating substances. But every little stretch does help to some degree :)

Tooronga village sort of a Deli cum health food shop, forgotten the shop name, but the brand name is ista brand I think ( had it in the freezer so don't have the wrapping anymore). They have ham as well. Unfortunately the spices include garlic so I won't buy it again. I am going to switch to the Han or Coles smoked bacon as it is 95% bacon and less than 1% sugar and no dextrose or other stuff really. I used to buy the ww brand which I realised I liked because it didnt have garlic.

Day20, 2 more days. Not going to make too many big changes though....

M1 turkey mince and vegies

M2 egg, beef burger, tomato, carrot, kale, cucumber

M3 boiled egg, carrot, half an orange

M4 fish, beans, potato, fresh corn (not whole 30 but at day 99 I made an exception)

My appetite has reduced by about 20% lately, wonder if its because I am getting more sleep or just because my cravings have settled. Where I have planned to eat more or eat more fruit I havent really felt like it so decided not to. Sooooo good to be in this place again.

Had a coffee today for Easter Friday treat... will be interested if I can manage an occasional one without effects. Didnt get the shakes or the need to eat earlier than 4-5 hours so so far so good.

Finished day21 yesterday yay. Avoiding nuts took a bit of getting used to but if they arent in the house I dont miss them so much. I have found dried tomatoes a good substitute when I just want to chew on something while I am cooking dinner. Or if I am genuinely hungry I have cooked meat or tinned tuna and/or salad instead of nuts or sometimes frozen blueberries... so it is/was doable, just had to break the addiction.

I am having cocoa once a day and an occasional coffee and about 2 pieces of fruit. That all seems fine as long as I avoid nuts. And I am losing weight, very slowly but without having to do anything other than eat normally so got to be happy with that!

Thanks to all who shared this journey with me, I wish you every success!

Archived