Any problem with preparing ingredients in advance?

DebbieK

Hi, I just started today, and in preparation, last night, I made lots of chicken broth, roasted 4 kinds of veggies, and cooked up some ground beef and some ground turkey, putting all in the fridge for easy access in the next few days. Is there any problem with cooking things in advance this way? I just thought I'd be more likely to succeed if I always have protein and veggies ready to go.

Not at all. A lot of us do cookathons to prepare for upcoming days. I love it. I steam saute a ton of veggies ahead of time so all I have to do is throw them in a pan with ghee or coconut oil. I also roast a chicken or two and use the bones for my weekly stock. I also roast a tri tip from costco to have on hand for quick meals.

My favorite way to have sweet potatoes at the ready is to wash them (I do 8 big ones a week) and put them in a large baking pan and fill with an inch or so of water and cover with foil. Bake at 400 or so until very tender (an hour+) then once they are cool the skins just peel right off and the soft sweet potatoe goes into jars. I reheat in a small saucepan with ghee and salt or add to browner hamburger meat right in the pan. Simple but I never am more than 5 min away from a meal.

Archived