Finishing Day 7 - just now getting to forums

Snowdogb

Hello there! I officially started on March 4th so this makes Day 7 which I am completing by adding this discussion to the forum and then off for some zzzz's. This week went a lot easier than I thought it would - even took a trip with my in-laws to my absolutely most favorite ice cream joint and I didn't have any ice cream!! I had brought a pea protein chocalate shake with me so I was able to mimic what I normally get - a large chocolate shake. My mother-in-law felt a little guilty eating her big banana split in front of me but she managed to finish it - LOL.

I'm mentally gearing myself up for a business trip to Vancouver starting on the 18th. I've been to the hotel before and there is a grocery store within a block so I'm hopeful that I can stick to it with a trip down their aisles! The good news is that they are much healthier in general in Canada than in the U.S. so they won't be pushing sweets my way.

I had to laugh at my husband - he is totally not a vegetable eater and he is not joining me on 'this crazy eating plan' as he calls it but he hasn't complained about having to adapt his own food with what I cook. So tonight I broiled some chicken and stir fried some yellow squash, zucchini and garlic and had sweet potatoes. He went for the chicken and sweet potato and left the squash behind. Oh well, more for me!

I hope the next week goes as smoothly I do have a couple of social situations to deal with but I think I have a good plan - we'll see!

Hi, welcome. Glad you found the forums and well done you for resisting the ice cream but, emmm I hate to say this but pea protein is from legumes which are out on a W30, actually all shakes are out, it's about eating real food not protein powders. It might be worth revisiting the guidlines http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/5-the-official-whole30%C2%AE-program/

The chicken meal sounds delicious. Good luck on your business trip.

Thanks for clarifying that part, Kirsteen. Real food that doesn't try to mimic or replace any foods from the past is the goal - and it becomes natural quite quickly.

Snowdogb, my husband just finished a business trip. He was extremely busy on the trip. We had planned in advance, he knew the closest grocery store, packed things from the travel list, and made his own paleo packs. We made homemade jerky, dehydrated some veggies, found compliant fruits and nuts, and added coconut flakes. I also found some baby food packages that were organic and were basically like a puree. He ended up loving them with hardboiled eggs or a package of fish in the morning. After that, he was fortunate to find compliant foods, but comfortable that he had some compliant stuff if the restaurants didn't or if he got too busy, which did happen. I was so impressed that he had and found what he needed. I wish the same for you.

Enjoy Canada!

Archived