Cassie M's W30, Part Deux

Cassie M

Day 20: Saturday, March 30th

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, Bacon, 1 kiwi, 1 orange

Lunch: Unsalted mixed nuts, Nakd bar

Dinner: Kangaroo with raspberry reduction, Broccoli, Carrots & Cauliflower

Dessert: 2 Nakd bars

Hiking: Killarney National Park, 3 miles

We drove the Ring of Kerry today and when we stopped for lunch, I was surrounded by cakes, sandwiches, chips - nothing I could eat, really - so I had to rely on what I had on me.

My husband wanted ice cream after dinner, so we went to my favorite ice cream place, and he ordered the sundae I would have ordered. I just sat by and watched him eat it. Yes, I wished I could have had it, but I was in no way tempted to break my W30. I had what I would consider a treat (a Nakd bar) - 2 of them, in fact!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a food dream last night! I remember very clearly that I decided to have a bottle of champagne with my husband and was aware that the decision to drink champagne would end my W30 - I did drink it, and I felt guilty as all hell! Then, I decided to make some Oreo Cookie Bars that were soooo delicious, and that made me feel even worse about breaking my W30. Watching my husband eat ice cream must have planted the idea in my head :)

Back home today.

Day 21: Sunday, March 31st

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, Bacon, 2 kiwis, 2 tangerines

Lunch: Unsalted mixed nuts, Nakd bar (pecan pie), SDTs, pumpkin seeds, pineapple

Dinner: Tuna steak, Broccoli, Pineapple

Lunch today was just a bunch of random stuff. I was hungry when we finally made it home. We have no groceries in the house since we were away for a few days and all the stores are closed today.

I'm having a terrible day today. I've been bleeding for two full weeks now, and it's getting worse. I get that the W30 causes your hormones to wig out, but this is just ridiculous. My doctor won't have any results for me until tomorrow or possibly Wednesday, so I'm just going to have to ride this out.

Day 22: Monday, April 1st

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, SDTs, pumpkin seeds

Lunch: Cashews

Dinner: Strawberries & Raspberries

I'm having yet another low day on account of this persistent bleeding. During my last W30, I was really jazzed and feeling amazing by the time I got to the 20s ... this time around, not so much. I think about ending this early and starting a re-introduction to see if my body will respond, but there are really only 2 major things withheld from my diet right now - soy milk and greek yogurt - so part of me doesn't believe that just eliminating those few things could wreak havoc like this. Blerg.

Day 23: Tuesday, April 2nd

Breakfast: 3 eggs (scrambled), 2 sweet potato cakes, 4 cherry tomatoes

Lunch: Pumpkin seeds, Pistachios, Almond butter

Dinner: Salmon, Broccoli, Carrots, Bell pepper, 4 Strawberries, 1/2 punnet Raspberries, 2 Kiwis

Lunch today was a total disaster. I had a migraine and couldn't stand up long enough to make myself something substantial.

Thanks for your positive thoughts, Derval! I had heard that about soy, so I definitely won't be going back on it. I certainly hope this isn't peri-menopause - I'm 32 and prepping myself for pregnancy!

So, my shoulder pain has flared up, I've been bleeding for 16 days straight and I have a headache. Great.

Day 24: Wednesday, April 3rd

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, 2 sweet potato cakes, 1 orange

Lunch: Chicken breast, Sweet potato & zucchini ratatouille, 1/2 Avocado

Dinner: Grilled chicken salad (Mixed leaves, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, hardboiled egg, jalapenos, balsamic vinaigrette), Sweet potato fries, Pineapple & Strawberries

Today was a nice reminder of how well the system works: I ate 3 nutrient-dense, well composed meals, each keeping me full for hours until my next meal. No nuts today! I've become so reliant on them as filler "meals" - so planning accordingly and having meals ready to go is a key success factor for me.

Despite all my medical worries, I am trying to be optimistic. Onwards and upwards.

Thanks for your positive thoughts, Derval! I had heard that about soy, so I definitely won't be going back on it. I certainly hope this isn't peri-menopause - I'm 32 and prepping myself for pregnancy!

Ah so quite the opposite! hope you feel better soon, hugs to you!

It's day 3 of my headache and day I-don't-even-know-anymore of the bleeding (16?) 17

I'm trying not to have a bad attitude about this, but ... sigh. Whatever.

Day 25: Thursday, April 4th

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, Sweet potato ratatouille, 1/4 Avocado

Lunch: Chicken breast, Sweet potato & zucchini ratatouille, 1/4 Avocado, Nakd bar (Cashew Cookie)

Snack: 1 handful of Pistachios

Dinner: Turkey breast, Broccoli, carrots & bell pepper, Pineapple, strawberries & blueberries

I resorted to Pistachios while dinner was cooking - it was going to take a while since I forgot to take meat out this morning - but I kept it to 1 handful and put the bag away.

No headache today - so that's an improvement. Bleeding? Yup. I'm tired of this.

Day 26: Friday, April 5th

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, Sweet potato & zucchini ratatouille, Nakd bar (Pecan Pie)

Lunch: Chicken salad (Mixed lettuce, SDTs, roasted red peppers, hardboiled egg, pumpkin seeds, Thai dressing), Apple with Almond butter

Snack: Orange, Nakd bar (Cashew)

Dinner: Chicken breast, Sweet potato & zucchini ratatouille, Pineapple, strawberries & blueberries

I seem to be really hungry today; I thought my salad at lunch was filling, but I got hungry at 4pm - and it was a genuine hunger, as I staved it off for about 30 minutes, but my stomach threatened to make noise in this oh-so-quiet-on-a-Friday office of mine!

Holy crap, Cassie! Are you currently taking BC and/or recently stopped? I remember this happened to me when my pill's dosage was too low. It. was. awful.

I think it also happened the first month after I got my IUD placed, but I think I've blocked that out of my memory :)

I'm so sorry!

Omg, you must feel so drained you poor thing. Has your doc not got back to you yet?

Nope! The bloodwork was delayed because of the Bank Holiday, so I'm still waiting. I have an appointment to see her on Monday morning, which can't come soon enough.

Holy crap, Cassie! Are you currently taking BC and/or recently stopped? I remember this happened to me when my pill's dosage was too low. It. was. awful.

I think it also happened the first month after I got my IUD placed, but I think I've blocked that out of my memory :)

I'm so sorry!

Thanks, Renee!

I'm not taking any contraceptives. I had my Implanon removed in August 2012 (and I was doing a W30 that month) and there was certainly no bleeding involved. My doctor thinks my hormones have gone out of whack, but is also very surprised that I am still bleeding - Monday will be 3 full weeks, so you can imagine my frustration! Adding to the distress is that my husband and I are trying to conceive so I recently started charting my temperatures and have learned all about cervical fluid (from "Taking Charge of Your Fertility") - but this incessant bleeding is impeding my ability to read my body's natural signs. Let's just say - it hasn't been a great month!

Day 27 of my W30, Day 19 of bleeding. Fun times.

Day 27: Saturday, April 6th

Breakfast: Cashews, Nakd bar (Ginger), Pineapple, 2 strawberries, 1/2 kiwi, blueberries

Snack: Decaf Americano, 3 Nakd bars (...hanging my head in shame...)

Dinner: Mocha rub steak (holy crap, I'm in love!), mashed sweet potatoes w/cinnamon, 1/2 Avocado, Pineapple, 2 strawberries, 1 kiwi

Today has already started as a major fail. Fruit and nuts for breakfast is not an ideal meal. We went shopping after breakfast this morning and I have plans to turn this bad start around - I bought a lovely steak and am going to try out the mocha steak rub with loads of veggies tonight.

I'm a major sourpuss today. I should be excited and feeling the magic (and the sun is shining today!) but ... blerg.

I know I've made some questionable decisions today. Lots of fruit. And Nakd bars. If I wasn't W30ing my lunch would have been some sugary coffee drink (orange mocha frappuccino!) and probably those M&S cookies I adore (5 for €3 ... what a steal!) so I suppose it's a lesser-of-two-evils kinda deal. Still. My next W30 has to include a ban on nuts and Nakd bars, cause I feel like I'm cheating the system. Lesson learned!

hmmmmm ....steak....Did you hit the SQ steak (and wine) sale?

I wouldn't say a major fail - toast & cereal would be a major fail :)

Put on a fun podcast (I've been listening to Joy the Baker) your fav shades & go for a walk in nature, maybe that will lift your spirits.

I was thinking last night that you could use opk's this month as the bleeding is messing up cm checking etc. You can buy them very cheap online. They worked for me when ttc my daughter - funny story - I got the magic line when we were on holidays *with my parents* - persuuading my dh to do the deed sleeping in the next room to them was not easy, but that was the day I got pg :wub:

hmmmmm ....steak....Did you hit the SQ steak (and wine) sale?

I wouldn't say a major fail - toast & cereal would be a major fail :)

Put on a fun podcast (I've been listening to Joy the Baker) your fav shades & go for a walk in nature, maybe that will lift your spirits.

I was thinking last night that you could use opk's this month as the bleeding is messing up cm checking etc. You can buy them very cheap online. They worked for me when ttc my daughter - funny story - I got the magic line when we were on holidays *with my parents* - persuuading my dh to do the deed sleeping in the next room to them was not easy, but that was the day I got pg :wub:

I go to this wonderful butcher in Rialto - Ennis Butchers - so I got me a loooovely steak. It was simply divine! I had no idea the SuperQuinn sale included steak - will have to stock up!

After my morning rant, I put on my sunglasses, went into town, had a nice, quiet cup of (decaf) coffee while reading loads of articles I had saved from The Atlantic, then walked around a bit. My terrible mood melted away in the sunshine and solace of getting caught up on some great magazine reads!

I freakin' love your OPK story - OMG! Nice work :lol:

I actually have one test left from a multi-pack I bought from Boots a few months ago. I didn't think about it until you suggested it - that's some good thinking! Thanks so much! What online site do you use?

Day 28: Sunday, April 7th

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs, Salad (Mixed lettuce, 6 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado)

Lunch: Salad (Mixed lettuce, SDTs, pumpkin seeds, Balsamic + EVOO), Nakd bar

Dinner: Hamburger patty, Broccoli, Pineapple, 1 kiwi, 1 handful raspberries

I'm going to have a super productive day today. Update: I cooked and cleaned like a monster - yay!

Went to the doctor today, but the mystery of Cassie's bloodshed continues.

Day 29: Monday, April 8th

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, Mashed sweet potato with cinnamon, Decaf Americano

Lunch: Hamburger patty, Salad (Mixed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, Balsamic + EVOO), 1/2 Avocado, Apple with Almond butter

Dinner: Salad (Mixed lettuce, ground beef, cherry tomatoes, SDTs, pumpkin seeds, Balsamic + EVOO), Pineapple, raspberries, 1 kiwi, 1 tangerine

Despite my continued medical concerns ... I feel fine. I'm putting my re-intro plan into place, and starting to think about how I can be successful longer-term.

I had 3 square meals today! This is how I should have been eating the whole way through.

Today is Day 30. Last time I did this, I was ecstatic when Day 30 arrived; I couldn't wait to have a soy latte. Today, I just feel fine. I haven't really focused too much on counting down the days over the past week - perhaps because of my current health concerns - and I didn't realize day 30 was here when I woke up. I am really hoping that this is the start of a sustainable lifestyle change. Having said that, I know that temptation is all around me and I am likely to give in, but I would like to remember that every meal/snack/coffee is an opportunity to make good food decisions.

Day 30: Tuesday, April 9th

Breakfast: 2 egg muffins, 1/2 Avocado, 1 grapefruit

Lunch: Paleo shepherd's pie (Ground beef with carrots, zucchini, roasted bell peppers topped with mashed cinnamon sweet potatoes), 2 Apples with Almond butter

Snack: Orange, SDTs

Dinner: Pork chop, Broccoli, Pineapple & Strawberry

I'm ravenously hungry today and had to have a snack at 4.30

Archived