Derval's Whole21

Derval

Oh for sure, the bibb will be a little firmer than the butter variety and should be even better.

7.30am - boiled egg, 2 slices Serrano ham, small fruit salad (half nectarine, half banana, half an apple) with coconut milk.

10am - Exercise, Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 2

11.30am - home made beef jerky, maybe 6 strips...

12.45pm - I did well at the "reduced to clear" fridge yesterday in the supermarket - lots of meat for the freezer and some fish/seafood incl todays lunch - a huge piece of Hake (250g, almost 9oz) fried in oil/ghee, with lemon juice. Served on top of a "serves 2" box of baby asparagus, long stem brocolli & fine beans (dressed in ghee, s&p & lemon). With a big dollop of mayo on the side :)

Followed by a coconut & cinnamon coffee.

ETA - 4.30 egg mayo and a slice of Serranno ham

planned 6pm bolegnase on courgette pasta.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your lunch sounds delish Derval! Love all the elements of it.

Have arranged to buy the Chalean dvd from the lady selling them on adverts. It will be a post-holiday challenge! Looking forward to trying something new.

I like the idea of the Serrano ham as part of brekkie. Must get some myself.

How did your homemade jerky turn out? Worth a shot?

I love ma jerky! I don't know how you'd make it without the coconut aminos though... :(

Well done on the Chalean commitment, it's a great programme, should have heard the grunting going on here this morning!

I've signed up for notification for when they get the coconut aminos in again. The jerky will have to wait so!

The weights in the Chalean are a lot heavier than what I'm used to so it'll take me a while to get up to speed! :blink:

I can't match Chalean either, she is very strong. For example when she uses 25lbs for the squats I can just eek out 11-12 reps of 10 kg.

When I did it last year I noted down all the weights she used & then worked out less20% and aimed for that.

Yeah when the aminos come in I'm going to get that & some sunbutter. Might ask the guys here what else is good from iherb...maybe coconut butter?

Oh man! Neighbours got a chinese delivery & didn't want the prawn crackers so the delivery guy gave them to my husband as he was going out...So now here I am at home with a big bag of freshly cooked prawn crackers. It's killing me!!!

ETA - Urgh, was so cross about not being "allowed" the prawn crackers I angrily ate an apple with hazlenut butter and a nectarine <sigh>

I can't match Chalean either, she is very strong. For example when she uses 25lbs for the squats I can just eek out 11-12 reps of 10 kg.

When I did it last year I noted down all the weights she used & then worked out less20% and aimed for that.

Yeah when the aminos come in I'm going to get that & some sunbutter. Might ask the guys here what else is good from iherb...maybe coconut butter?

Good idea re her weights less 20%. I'll try something similar myself.

What way is coconut butter different from coconut oil do you know? The Biona coconut oil I have is solid until heated.

Had gorgeous lamb chops tonight-rubbed garam masala onto them and did them on the pan. Very similar to Nigella's Indian rubbed chops but I was short on time so used the garam masala (it contains very similar spices to the ones she suggests anyway).

Having a bad day & feeling sorry myself :(

Scarfed , standing at the fridge, half a mango, on top of the other fruit last night, annoyed at myself. Before that would have been chocolate. And then I got the scales out out as if to pusnish myself. Jeez some days I am so sane and somethink days I'm just just f**ked up in the head!

I notice when I eat too much fruit I feel soft & puffy the next day (or maybe it's all in my head and I feel "fat" because I've been "bad")

So manic & not very pleasant morning . Had a colposcopy appt at 8.45am so I had to get up early before 7 then the kids up, fed & dressed for 8am when their Nana came to mind them. On top of feeling naturally anxious about the appt.

All went ok (well it's pretty horrible, but what can you do) and fingers crossed for a clear result.

But now I just feel wiped out from it all, I just want to eat eat eat, preferably sweet & yummy things....

I am also cd25 so probably pre menstrual too

AND I have had enough of the school summer holidays, and it's only day 4....of 60!!!!

So far today

7am - boiled egg, 2 slices prosciutto, apple & hazlenut butter, black coffee

11am - cinnamon & coconut coffee, handful raspberries & blueberries.

I treated myself to some smoked wild salmon for lunch which I'm looking fwd to. And I'm going to make a chorizo pilaf (with cauli rice) for dinner.. Just need to keep away from the fruit bowl (and the wine cabinet!)

Thanks Adagio, the universe was kind to me & my avocado for lunch was perfectly ripe & delcious, that's something!

1pm - So lunch was a lot of butter lettuce dressed with (lots) of EVOO, red balsamic and seasoning. Half a ripe! avocado :) Half a pack of the delicous smoked salmon mentioned above. A heap of cucumber salad (mayo, apple cider vinegar, s&p). Really nice meal.

4.30pm - 6 bits of jerky & 6 macadamias

6pm - Chorizo "rice" pilaf subbing blitzed cauli for rice (reduced liquids in recipe) and a side of sauteed (in ghee) of spring onion, mushroom, spinach.

Later I'm going to have some frozen berries & coconut milk.

and an early night for sure.

Thanks hon, slept 10 hrs :) woken once at 2.30 by Lily's bad dreams though.

7.30am. Sautéed mushrooms in ghee, scrambled in 2 eggs and served on 2 slices of prosciutto. Large apple with some sunflower seed butter (won't be a regular on my shopping list). Black coffee

11am Exercise, chalean extreme burn intervals + Ab burner. Phew! Hard work!

1pm leftover chorizo pilaf "a la Johnny M" , yes that's right, a fried egg on top :D

coffee with cinnamon & coconut

Planned 6pm bolegnase and salad

How did i miss this.......... I love the pics of all your food. its a great way to track it :)

You're doing so well.......... Keep it up, you'll be through the 30 in no time.......

So today,

8am - sausage & sweet potato hash with fried egg

11am - Exercise - Chalean Extreme Burn Cicrcuit 3

12.30 - 4 ish dried apricots (unsulphurated)

1pm - salad of leaves, 1 avo, smoked wild salmon, beetroot hummus. Followed by a cashew nak'd abr (like lara bar) and a cinnamon/coconut coffee

Followed by a highly unpleasant interaction with a "friend" over her returning a borrowed item..." Neither a borrower nor a lender be" - in this case very true! Feeling a bit upset about it.

Dinner is in the slowcooker(crockpot) - a lamb & apricot stew. I'm going to do some roasted sweet potato and cauliflower to go with it.

ETA

4pm - some cruditée & beet hummus.

The dinner was delicous!

Looking forward to the weekend...lie-in in the morning, then workout, and then I am hitting the charity(thrift) shops. Also going in to view the photos I had taken at a photoshoot 2 weeks ago :)

A good day in Dublin, the sun was shining and I had a lovely afternoon in town with my 5yr old daugher "Mammy, we did not have one single fight" :)

8am - one of Johnny's sweet potato fritters and 2 slices thick bacon

9am - exercise - Chalean Extreme "burn it off" (cardio)

10.30am - beet hummus & cruditée . I am trying to get sort out this post workout meal thang.....have to do some reading

12.30pm - a huge fritter as above (size of my sideplate), topped with fried chorizo slices and a fried egg

4pm - Nak'd bar + americanno while in town, did so much walking today!!

7pm - about to sit down to a big bowl of red thai fish stew with eggplant & zucchinni that i julienned with my shiny newly purchased peeler :)

Sunday 8th, day 15, less than a week to go

Exercise - Rest Day

9am - sausage & sweet potato hash with fried egg, coffee w' coconut milk

1pm - a hastily packed salad lunchbox as I didn't realise we were not eating at home. We went to the National track & field championships where I had my crazy salad of whatever I could find in the fridge - salad leaves, celery, cucumber, beetroot, some macadamias, an avocado...followed by a kids size little apple.

3pm - Americanno & some coconut flakes

6pm - Basil pork burgers with basil mayo, served on baby gem lettuce leaves

later I'll have half a large apple and almond butter with a big mug of herbal tea.

cd1 and not feeling too bad - I have been carbing up on sweet potato the last few days to try prevent cravings when it did arrive....

Archived