Derval's Whole21

Derval

Monday 9th

8am - 2 slices smoked bacon, sweet potato & spinach, fried egg, coffee

10am - Exercise, Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit 1. Again, no post workout meal as I had to rush off to ferry kids to/from tennis..Must get more organised ont his front.

1pm - 3 slices of roasted pork belly and this yummy garden salad

ff684afcc9bc11e1a39b1231381b7ba1_6.jpg

Dinner is in the slowcooker - lamb chops (see below). I am going to have roasted cauliflower, and whatever else I can think of with what needs to be used in veg drawer :)

Recipe

Slowcooker chops (serves 2)

4 lamb gigot chops

1/2 medium onion

1/2 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp garlic powder

pinch salt

1 clove garlic crushed

Slice onions and place in bottom on pot. Mix the dried herbs etc. together and rub onto the chops. Place chops on top of onions and the crushed garlic sprinkled around on top. Cook for 6-8 hours.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmmmmmm. Crepes with nutella! That sounds yummy! I mean, that sounds horribly, horribly bad! But I found it funny, because one of my go-to foods when I finished a long hard run would be spoonfuls of peanut butter and nutella-alternating them till I had enough. Good grief! But it provided that quick jolt of sugar, fat, protein that I needed at the moment. Still working out what to eat to nourish my body properly after a long run, not to mention before a long run! On day 16 and feeling pretty darn good!

Enjoying your posts!

Urgh, afternoon not going so well :( Kids driving me crayzeee with their constant bickering - first I hit the roof and then I hit the fruit & coconut flakes (HA! that'll show them pesky kids!...eh....hang on...)

Tuesday 10th

8am - mushrooms, spinach, chorizo & 2 egg scarmble, black coffee

10am - exercise, Chalean Extrem Burn Circuit 2

12.30pm - Big salad - leftovers from yesterdays salad, with leftover veg from dinner thrown in (cauli & cumin carrots) and a full tin of mackeral in olive oil. Cinnamon coconut coffee

3.30pm - Herbal tea, carrots sticks, sunflower seed butter, beetroot hummus (friend visiting, we used to have chocolate!)

5.30 - egg stuffed, bacon wrapped meatloaf (see post in recipe sharing), tomato sauce, baked sweet potato. Forgot to buy green veg!

ETA - 9.30pm , apple, almond butter & coconut flakes.

Looks good! How are you feeling? I hope today was a better day, since the kids were driving you nuts yesterday (I only have one, and he can drive me up the wall like nothing else can--I've heard it's worse with more kids?). At least you turned to fruit and coconut flakes rather than a bag of chocolate chips or something like that. :) Good for you!

Thanks Tara,

yesterday was ...urgh, at least the rain let up a bit & my son had his friend come over which broke up the afternoon a bit. Yes the kids are easy one at a time, together they just bicker & fight all day. If they could just get along it would be a much happier house. And I do not have have the most even temper either I must admit. I just feel drained by it all....and we're only 1.5 weeks into the 8 week break! Previous years they have gone to Summer camps some weeks but this year money is too tight....waah waah waah...

yesterday was good foodwise and was proud that I only had 1 piece of fruit, and it was a tiny fun-sized apple. BUT because I had a good day and because my period finished I stood on the scales this morning (instead of saturday) and I'm UP! wtf ...so now I am grumpy already and it's only 8.30am.

sorry to be such a negative ninny :(

Yeah I know, it was the hardest part of my first w30 and I am usually the one posting the anti-scale blog posts etc. I am just feeling so down these last couple day that I wanted a boost, ha ha that backfired!

Just having one of those want to run away from it all times :unsure:

8am - boiled egg, salsa & crispy bacon, black coffee

12.30pm - salad with hot chorizo, prawns & cherry tomatoes. 4 macadamias, cinnamon & coconut coffee

planned (edits in blue)

3.30 - carrot sticks + beet hummus + sunflower seed butter

5.30pm - leftover meatloaf and salad and roasted (in ghee) carrots & shallots

9pm - fun size apple banana & almond butter and a few coconut flakes

It will go better, Derval, head up! I know that this is hard, I hit plateau several MONTHS ago and even If I stood on my head, jumped and bounced with my ears, it doesn't move. I haven't step on the scale for almost two years now, I measure it with clothes and in the mirror. Scale doesn't say anything about your body composition, maybe you just gained some muscles?

Derval, I'm with Sugarfreelife (and others) up there -- don't listen to that scale! How do your clothes fit and feel? Do you feel strong and healthy? I know you've been doing Chalean Extreme, I think you're still in the Burn month? The results from that program accelerate as you progress through the phases, and I can't imagine a better nutritional program to go with it than the Whole30. Or Whole21, or a slightly modified Whole30. . . just keep your body burning fat, not sugar!

Again, dump the scale, keep doing what you're doing, and you will look and feel better. Don't let that number define you--you are SO much more than that. Hugs to you!

Thursday 12th

Woke up in low mood and didn't really want a "proper" breakfast so had

8am - boiled egg, banana, coffee w' coconut milk

Was due to do my Chalean cardio today but my son was going on a playdate after his tennis class so I bunked off and went shopping/palyground with my daughter instead. I will try psych myself up to do it later....

12pm - snack of cashews, an apple, and some raspberries at playground

1.30pm - delicous lunch of sausage, red onion, sweet potato & spinach hash with fried egg. Slice of delicously juicy honeydew melon. Cinnamon & coconut coffee

planned

5.30-6pm - pork ribs (used Kara's spice blend on them, they are in slowcooker & I'll finish them off in hot oven), home made coleslaw & eta some sweet potato chips I think....

Decided one portion of s.p was enough for one day so am having a spinach & tomato salad instead.

I have also decided to do my workout at 8pm, once I get my daughter to bed....I will I will I will !!!

eta I did it :) Chalean Extreme Burn Intervals

But then I had much more fruit than I should have :o

Thinks hormones are a bit wonky this month - apart from a major case of the blues, my period seemed to have ended & then re-started....weird.

Last Day!!

Tomorrow I am driving with my brother 3 hrs to my grandmothers 100th birthday celebrations - there will be wine, champagne I'm sure!, "nibbles" and a buffet lunch. And I will see my parents who are home from Spain for it :) The kids are staying home with hubby and I must admit I am looking fwd to the little day trip away :)

I plan to take the next two(ish) weeks "off" and then jump back in for the official August W30. I know I haven't done so good on this current one and yet again looking to make improvements in the next one.

So to todays log.....

8am - arghhhh only 1 egg left !!! sauteed off red onion, julienned zucchinni, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and scrambled in my one measly egg. Coffee w' coconut milk

10am - Chalean Xtreme Burn Circuit 3

11.45 - 1 date and small portion cashews

12.30 pm - warm salad of red onion, garlic, chicken, chesnut mushrooms on salad leaves with coleslaw on the side. Cinnamon coffee w' coconut milk

eta - 4pm carrot sticks, beet hummus & sunflower seed butter

planned

5.30ish Erin's Chicken Marbella and mashed cauli, followed by a slice of honeydew melon.

Congratulations! Your grandmom looks great! Jeanne Calment made it to 122 and smoked until she was 117, drank port and ate a kg of chocolate a week. Genetics, good attitude and good lifestyle probably contributed to her longevity. Just think what you might be able to do with centenarian genes!

Archived