Just Started

SweetFeet

Greetings All,

I am new to the Paleo concept for I had never heard of it until I started crossfit. I started running Jan 2012 (at the age of 55-female) from being a couch potato to completing 14 races by 12/12 with one being a half marathon. I also run thru the winter (I'm in the midwest burrrr :)) but fellow runners started telling me I needed to strengthen my core so I decided to try crossfit. My box (gym) follows the Paleo lifestyle and one of my coaches is currently following this program so I said "why not".

I have cleaned out my pantry and fridge and resocked with what I need to have to do this successfully. It will be interesting for I have never really been able to stick with a "diet" so I am looking at it as a "lifestyle" change. I am Type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure (both oral medication,) and I wolud really like to be done with it. I have read so much on what is eaten affects the body so I am willing to do it for 30 days to see if anything changes. I lost 40 pounds due to running and would like to lose another 45 and be off all medication. These next 30 days will get me in a better shape for my 3rd half marathon so I will take each day at a time. I have read the book ISWF, also Robb Wolf's book, and Paleo Diet for Athletes as well. I am a visual person so I need to see/feel results in order to keep progressing. Please feel free to chime in with any helpful advice.

Hi how u getting on? I luv running too started it after I had my son to lose weight. Had to cut back recently as keep getting shin splits in my left leg. :-(

I'm similar to u I need to see a change so i took photos and weighed myself too. You hav done fab so far losing that much.

X

Hi SweetFeet

Congratulations on your start. How is it going so far? I am presently on day 7 and have had a wonderful breakthrough. I had terrible headaches, and was wondering if it was all worth it, but I stuck with it and now I am happy that I did. There may be some bumps along the way and I really encourage you to stick with it. You can talk to the people you know, and the people of this forum, if you ever need help.

Archived