Soups? Learning something new every day...

Meganelizabetho

I know there's a rule about no liquid meals, which I've accepted to mean no smoothies, but does that also include soup? If I make a soup from all veggies, coconut products, and home made broth/stock, am I breaking the rule? It wouldn't be an entire meal, it would fulfil the carb and fat portions and go with chicken or whatever meat I'm having.

I make a lot of soups and add chicken, prawns or meat to them. When I eat them, I still have to chew the meat and veggies so it's not really a liquid meal, it's more a meal in liquid, if you see what I mean. I'm still following the meal template. Also with soup being hot, I eat it much slower than I could simply drink down a smoothie or juice so, no soup isn't breaking the rules - enjoy

I live in the great white north and I live on soup from about September through April, maybe even May depending on the weather LOL!

One of the other problems with smoothies is that they are often made with fruit - a huge hit of sugar. Soups aren't made from fruit (although I do add apples to my awesome butternut squash soup) I also add meat and chew my soup, and I pair it with some additional veggies on the side. YUM SOUP!

If I make a soup from all veggies, coconut products, and home made broth/stock, am I breaking the rule?

I had soup for lunch today (kinda bonkers cos it was 37C!), a yummy Moroccan chicken with big bits of chicken, pumpkin, peppers and other veg. I make a several serves of a soup base without meat (I've done it with a thai-style soup too), and then put them in the fridge/freezer and add meat just before reheating.

I could live on soup!!! Great way to clear out the fridge of veggies that aren't going to make it a few more days

Purées are great... Chicken stock, lots of veg, purée then I add dice of chicken/ meat.... And Thin slices/ pieces of whole veg for garnish.....

Great to make in big batches and freeze Indv. Servings to have a quick meal ready....

I love soups! I try to make at least one batch of soup a week. It tides me over in case of emergency-those days when I get home later than expected, or don't feel like eggs for meal one.

I add lots of veggies, sometimes I add coconut milk, and I mix up the proteins. YUM. I'm home sick from school today and thinking about what I will add to the chicken stock......I'm thinking spicy to try and kick this cold outta here!

Enjoy your soup! :)

Not to brag or anything, but, I made a ridiculously delicious and spicy chicken and vegetable soup tonight! Soup is so good for you in so many ways! I used onions, celery, red peppers, a jalapeno and spinach for the veggies and added shredded chicken and some chile powder, cumin and chipotle pepper. Topped it off with some diced avocado-which cooled it off nicely. I hope the healing powers of chicken soup help this cold get better tonight. I gotta go to school tomorrow-I'm at a workshop on Thursday and don't want to be out three days in a row! :blink:

I used onions, celery, red peppers, a jalapeno and spinach for the veggies and added shredded chicken and some chile powder, cumin and chipotle pepper. Topped it off with some diced avocado-which cooled it off nicely.

Sounds yummy!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived