Can you stand one more "critique me" request?

DebbieK

Hi, I just started yesterday, and already I'm feeling so much better and healthier. But I'd like a little reassurance that I'm "doing it right." The day before I started, I made a lot of broth for the fridge and freezer, cooked up some master recipe ground turkey and ground beef, and roasted 4 different kinds of vegetables per the instructions in the book. I'm 5 feet 1.5 inches and currently 60 to 70 lb overweight, so I'm using the "small person" serving recommendations, since I SHOULD be a small person. So here was yesterday's menu:

Meal 1: Estimated palm-sized serving of ground turkey, about a half cup of green bell pepper, and about 1.5 cups roasted sweet potatoes (roasted with ghee), cooked together in a skillet with a tablespoon of EVOO.

Meal 2: Skillet meal of an estimated palm-sized serving of ground beef and about 2 cups of eggplant and beets that had been roasted in ghee, cooked together in 1 tbsp EVOO, plus a handful of fresh blueberries.

Meal 3: Skillet meal of palm-sized serving of ground beef, green peppers, onions, and cherry tomatoes, all cooked in EVOO and sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes.

Drinks: 2 c plain black coffee in the morning, lots of water throughout the day, and a small unsweetened iced tea in the early afternoon.

Thoughts? Am I on the right track?

How do you feel? Does the amount of food you're eating keep you satisfied between meals? If yes, then keep doing what you're doing!

The one tweak I'd make, though it's entirely up to you if it doesn't interfere with your sleep, is to limit anything caffeinated to before noon.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response. So far, I feel great. The food is tasty (I love veggies anyway) and so far satisfying my hunger and keeping me energized between meals, so I guess all's well. Will take your advice on the caffeine.

Archived