I'm getting bored of the same food!

I'm on Day 7 of Whole 30 and have done a good job at remaining compliant the whole way AFAIK. It's been a wonderful learning experience so far and overall, I'm enjoying what I'm eating a lot more. It's nice to know that I can have a hearty steak or other protein option without having to feel guilty about it or know that I'm gonna not gain 50 pounds eating it. I've had rough days where temptation has been staring me in the face but I've been over to overcome. I've been feeling pretty good! Only problem is that I'm starting to get bored of what I've been eating. I buy a lot of veggies and eat a pretty wide variety of them (I can easily eat a pound of cooked veggies) but find that I'm cooking them pretty much the same way. I also eat a protein from all of the standard sources and am too cooking them mostly the same way. It's starting to get boring. I try to look for different recipes online but most of them seem a little complicated or time consuming. A lot of the recipes also cook huge portions and I'm generally only feeding myself. I don't want to be stuck eating the same foods for a week at a time.

Strangely enough, prior to going Whole30, I was totally okay with eating the same meals for months and never getting bored or tired of time. I think it was mostly because I was so used to the idea of them being "safe" foods for me and anything outside of that was forbidden.

Any ideas? Looking for things that are quick and easy to prepare on weeknights.

This is one serving, quick, and delicious. I add leftover chicken or salmon to it. SO GOOD.

Have you tried some new cooking methods like pressure cooking, crockpot, etc.? Good slow cooked meat could be frozen into serving sizes for later in your W30.

How about new dressings and sauces? Nothing spices up tired veggies like turning them into a rockin cold salad. Yum!

I deliberately make large quantities and then freeze them in individual servings for later use. That way I only make a time-consuming meal one time, and reheat the leftovers a week or more later. When you space it out that way, you aren't eating the same thing over and over.

Try switching up ethnic foods. Making meatballs "asian", "indian", "italian", etc, can make one type of meal so interesting, by just switching a few ingredients. Mushrooms and scallions with Red Boat Fish Sauce in the asian ones. Curry and yellow raisins in the indian ones... oregano, garlic, and tomato paste in the italian ones. They freeze easily. :)

Archived