WholeNila

Nila

My husband would happily live without them, so I minced a number of non-traditional chili vegetables with some jalapeño peppers in the food processor. I doubt he'll notice since he won't see them. :ph34r: Mwahahahaha!

I do that for bolegnase too - my recipe is prob halff vegetables :)

And....the chili was a big hit.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you feel good about everything with your doctor. I think just walking away feeling good is a great feeling. I usually walk away feeling so disatisfied. And also cool about the Paleo diet. I plan to stay mostly compliant with a little off-roading as well. I go insane if I don't move but lately I'm all about the yoga (but I do pretty vigorous vinyasa flow most days). I do like the elliptical at the gym. Also, my other (first) love is dance. Zumba really is fun. I used to do NIA two times a week but am down to one day now. It is a movement type of dance (more new-agey, great music). I LOVE Nia. It is like moving yoga :)

nianow.com

Do group classes feel natural to you? Other than a certain teacher's yoga classes, I typically loathe group exercise of any kind, even walking with friends. I have a strong preference for introversion and find that like walking, biking, and other solo pursuits (particularly sitting in a really comfortable chair reading a book ;)).

Eaten:

1. 4 eggs, 3 slices ham chopped, ghee; banana
  2. A few tastes of the chili I put on for later
  3. Kit's Organic bar, 6 chicken wings. All eaten in the car.
  4. Chili and then a few tiny but evil Junior Mints found their way into my mouth. I hate to record it, but I ate it and so here it is.

The Kit's bar and chicken wings...I had gone to Starbucks for a meeting and found myself hungry, like low blood sugar hungry. The Metformin is going to make the next several days weird. I'm clearly going to have to be more diligent with eating and carrying food - and managing my mind/body. Anyway, in this situation, I thought I'd have the cheeseless guts of a sausage sandwich at Starbucks but there were none. After my meeting I was very hungry and scrounged for the bar and wandered into a nearby store for available protein.

It is snowing here! We're supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow. It's been over 100 years since we've had that much snow this late (or is it early).

It has been an interesting few days since beginning the new medication. I've been very tired in spite of plenty of sleep. I've craved, craved, craved - and caved once or twice. And, I've reportedly screamed in my sleep. (No memory of it.) I'll be very glad when this adjustment period is through.

381px-The_Scream.jpg

In the meantime, I've continued with my philosophy course (averaging 88% - not bad for being out of college for 20 years), smooshed yoga in where I can, meditated nightly and actually sketched today for the first time in almost two years.

Most of my meals out have been paleo or darned close. All of my meals at home have been paleo. A chicken has been slow cooking all day. Lots of lovely produce and meat showed up via Green B.E.A.N. Delivery last night. I'm all set to continue my paleo ways.

If you're reading, write and let me know how you're doing.

Still kickin and causing trouble. Only paleo,modifications I make once in a while are low sugar ketchup, some gluten free rice meal in meatloaf, and Mexican once every two or three weeks. And merlot. Less frequent than previously but I enjoy it when I have it. Still not moving quite as much as I need to but I don't feel as bloated and heavy as I did the last time we communicated. Always room for improvement, don't cha think? Sounds like you've settled into a good routine.

I have had partners who have screamed bloody murder in thier sleep... because they are not drinking enough water.

Other things, yes... water... not so much. It may be that the new meds are dehydrating you a little more than normal?

I had 6 chicken wings last night, and was up @ 6am paying for them. I must ask, how did you manage with the sauce factor in the car?!?! Any and all sauce ends up on my *ahem* shirt O.o

30Canandaigua:

Sauceless. It's the only answer. Well, there's shirtless but that's frowned upon in most states.

Good thought on the water. I'll give that a try.

Thanks! Good to hear from you.

Still kickin and causing trouble. Only paleo,modifications I make once in a while are low sugar ketchup, some gluten free rice meal in meatloaf, and Mexican once every two or three weeks. And merlot. Less frequent than previously but I enjoy it when I have it. Still not moving quite as much as I need to but I don't feel as bloated and heavy as I did the last time we communicated. Always room for improvement, don't cha think? Sounds like you've settled into a good routine.

Sounds like you're also in a good place. And, yep, always room for improvement. Sometimes it probably is also okay to step back and say, "I'm doing something good here." Your modifications sound very reasonable too. Thanks for checking in!

I have eaten no where near paleo the last 5 days. I feel like crap. Bloated. Fatigue. Poor quality sleep. Poor concentration. Generally icky. Time to hit the reset button!

Rather than meal 1, I'm calling today's opening meal breakbinge.

For breakbinge, I whipped up a lemon, basil, almond, and EVOO pesto that I poured over 3 beautiful farm-fresh over-medium eggs. I maybe could have used more plant in breakbinge but frankly, my stomach is feeling so angry and bloated that the eggs and pesto dish is all I could manage.

I heated up some very gelatinous chicken broth I made earlier this week and put it in a thermos to sip throughout the day. I'm drinking a lovely white tea as well.

Let the healing begin!

Writing as I go would definitely be overkill if I did it daily. Today it's just about accountability as I work my way out of the binge.

Meal 2...

Roast chicken salad (leftover roast chicken, homemade mayo, celery), butter lettuce, more of this morning's pesto; banana

I'm sure this is silly, but I feel better already. It's probably more psychological than anything. I'm regaining a sense of control and the anxiousness that either drove or resulted from (or both) the bingeing is diminishing. I wonder if I'll feel flu-ish in a few days.

Breakbinge is brilliant!

I went haywire Saturday night (starburst, milk chocolate, goldfish crackers) all because I was stuffing the kids Easter basket. My stomach was seriously tore up all day Sunday. I just started feeling normal today.

Good job getting back on it !!!

Just a quick check in. I've not been around for two reasons.

1. Tapatalk on my iPhone has decided not to play nice. I did a lot of my reading and posting from that application.
  2. I fell into the black hole of a binge. If I look back through my calendar, I'd estimate that today is day 11 of said binge. It's not very uplifting to talk about. And, well, I'm rather ashamed. No more details, even though I'm sure I could outline dozens of reasons I'm there. I'm not going to dwell on it.

Maybe I need to meditate on the message on the blue one? Or the left or middle ones on the bottom row?

IMG_4675_zps06af110a.jpg

Get back on the horse! I will join you. We've been traveling this week and just got home today. Although my eating included things I don't normally have, my biggest problem was portion sizes. I'm going to be mighty hungry over the next few days and probably cranky too! But it's time to get back on it.

Hey there.....have had a couple of good days so far. Man, we eat well. Paleo meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, and roasted brussel sprouts for dinner last night and a yummy pork chili verde, sautéed cabbage, and avocado for dinner tonight. And in between, great leftovers! Sleep has been great, energy level good and feeling like things are back to normal. Still need to move more. How are doing? Another clean day underway?

Your meals sound wonderful!

I ate good foods, though perhaps too much of it. I will be revisiting the template for the perspective. And like you, I need to move more. It's been beautiful out and I've been planted at my desk. How easy would a few 20-minute walks be, huh?

Better still today. I spoke at a luncheon where there was a buffet. And there was some kind of dessert right at our place settings. Everyone at my table at theirs. Not me. I was curious what it tasted like. But I didn't feel deprived or even like I needed to eat it. Extra gold stars for me considering that I was the speaker and I get quite nervous. :) Movin' on up!

Good job yesterday! I had a similar experience with a couple of plates of cookies and a boatload of sodas on Monday - the rest of the group devoured both while I stuck with my water. To be honest, the cookies weren't even a consideration but I had to consciously avoid grabbing a Diet Coke. The last time I had diet soda, it gave me a crazy headache so I didn't struggle with the notion for long. Way to go, Nila!

And today...I ate half a cookie at a catered lunch. Then I had some chocolate wafer things. Later I ate potatoes. I think I am, in part, trolling for energy since I've been struggling with sleep this week. The sleep is probably part humidity/dog craziness and part having gone sugar-bonzo for nearly 2 weeks. Must. Get. Back. To. Health.

I haven't been able to drink diet soda for years. I was getting horrible headaches. I tried everything. When I gave up soda, no more headaches. I didn't think regular soda was worth the sugar so I just moved to my other favorite - tea, unsweetened. Liquids are easy for me. It's one of two things I have going for me. The other is that I have no desire to eat food after dinner and I don't like eating dinner too late. Anything foodish between waking and the end of dinner - different story. I can be an eating machine.

ISWF! I'll read it again. And I'll think of some way to get my groove back. After all, tomorrow is another day!

scarlett-ohara-they-dont-make-them-quite-like-L-IXgC8D.jpeg

Archived