Day 16 no magic yet!

I'm doing my 2nd successful round of Whole30 and it's not going as well as last time. I'm on day 16 and i don't have the energy and zen i had the first time around. The food is not a problem. I have been on point with that. I'm only doing 2 things differently than before.

I have a new job which has me completely overwhelmed (and i'm probably understating that) and I'm taking calcium supplements (not regularly) which may have a tiny bit of fructose, but my Doctor is insistent on me taking calcium. I'm just not as happy as i was the last time around. I'm even exercising and I feel great when I do, but it doesn't last. I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. I have no intention on stopping now but i just want to feel as good as last time. Any suggestions?

• Moderators

Being overwhelmed in a new job makes feeling no magic understandable to me. What you eat cannot overcome something like that. Food can make things worse, but it can't make stress go away.

I can't imagine why you need calcium supplements if you are eating a good Whole30 menu, but there are good reasons to avoid supplements. Here is a recent warning from Chris Kresser: http://chriskresser.com/calcium-supplements-why-you-should-think-twice

Archived