raw vegtables? good or bad?

asutton

I think I read in the book the raw vegtables were discouraged? I can't seem to find it again. I make a cabbage salad that I love with raw chopped vegtables, grilled chicken, and homemade balsamic vinegrette, and i'm wondering if this can still be considered whole 30 approved. I really enjoy it and it makes it easy to consume 4-6 cups of vegtables a day (raw broccoli, red pepper, red cabbage, parsley).

I think I read in the book the raw vegtables were discouraged? I can't seem to find it again. I make a cabbage salad that I love with raw chopped vegtables, grilled chicken, and homemade balsamic vinegrette, and i'm wondering if this can still be considered whole 30 approved. I really enjoy it and it makes it easy to consume 4-6 cups of vegtables a day (raw broccoli, red pepper, red cabbage, parsley).

Sounds interesting, care to share your recipe?

Sounds interesting, care to share your recipe?

Hi Betsy,

Of course. I use the following vegatables, chop them into small pieces, and toss with grilled chicken, hard boiled egg and homemade balsamic vinegrette.

Red Cabbage

Broccoli

Red Pepper

Zucchini

Parlsey

I use equal amounts red cabbage and broccoli, add as many or as little peppers, parsley and zuchini as you want. Sometimes I mix up the vegtables, but above is my favorite combo.

I marniade the chicken in dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, rosemary and olive oil (I have to buy new mustard though that is Whole 30 approved).

For the vinegrette I use equal parts extra virgin oil olive and balsamic vinegar with salt and pepper and dijon mustard. whisk and pour.

I usually eat 2-4 cups of vegtables with a few ounces chicken, a hard boiled egg, and the vinegrette. Very tasty!

Archived