What consititutes a W30 reboot - a teeny bit of sugar, wheat, soy?

I believe I am staring down my third W30 reboot in the last 34 days. All in all I'm not too fussed about this but I do want to get to see the benefits of a pure whole 30 elimination period. First reboot was after communion (definitely had a reaction - gas, bloating, etc.), next I was travelling and believe there was wheat in something (extreme GI reaction) and today I found out the sausage I'd been buying that is local GF also contains trace amounts of sugar (less than .5 grams/large sausage). Since I started with the sausage I have noticed my sugar cravings are back with a vengance but didn't know why....I do now.

Have I been 'overthinking this' or should I be doing a reboot because of the sugar?

It's been since late January since I have intentionally eaten of plan, yet I am now on my 4th restart. Most recently embarking on 6 months of the IBS protocol as the book suggests. It's all just a numbers game anyways. I am still celebrating my initial 40 something days since I started, I'm on day 23 in the emails, and day 2 of IBSP. These are all victories! I think getting those full 30 days (at least) is what is important, not so much the counting. That being said, my vote is a happy restart.

Archived