I'm on day 16. In the beginning I felt awful, but had few cravings which was a HUGE surprise for me. After the first few days I started to feel much better and had an appetite that seemed healthy. Over the last week or so I felt like my calories might not be as high as they should be despite eating enough food to keep me satiated, so I started tracking. I'm only consuming 800-900 a day, BUT I'M NOT HUNGRY!! The thought of forcing myself to eat makes me a little ill, but I do believe I'm consuming too little. I'm fairly active since I have a 2 year old and 3 year old, but I just don't seem to get hungry. I've had this issue for a long time. My sister-in-law thinks she's jealous, but how do you KNOW when to eat when you don't get that signal?! Now, not only do I not get the signal, but I actually feel full. Any ideas?

I am no expert but if it were me, I would focus on fat first, protein next, and fruits and veggies last. So if it's dinnertime but you're not hungry, forcing a spoonful of coconut oil and a slice or two of chicken would go a lot further towards balancing your hormones (which seem out of whack) than eating produce, or worse, not eating at all Fat will take up the least amount of space in your tummy also

Lisa, you aren't really following the meal template, which is why you aren't eating enough.

I understand you not being hungry, but it's probable that your satiety signals are all sorts of messed up; continuing to restrict calories in this manner's just going to make it worse.

EAT, WOMAN!

Also, where are the veggies???

1/2 your plate should be covered with them .... You really need the micro nutrients

Also try drinking some kombucha or other raw fermented foods, to help heal your gut and aid in digestion.

Make some rich bone broth..... You could add tons of kale,spinach etc to that and it is mostly water so it will process quickly....

I train at a competitive level so for me it's 3500-5000 cal/day.... It's hard sometimes, but first and foremost I eat my veg!

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa - sometimes, my body goes through phases where it will be perfectly satisfied for up to 7 hours with a protein and fat rich breakfast. While this comes in really handy sometimes, it often keeps me from getting in enough food to support my daily needs. Those times, I back off of breakfast a little bit. I still eat (because that's important for hormone regulation) but I opt for lighter fare - some cold chicken breast, raw veggies (bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, etc) and maybe some avocado. Still following the template, but on the smaller side of the recommendations. Then, I go for a moderate lunch (usually a salad heavy on the protein but a little light on fat) and eat a heavier meal at dinner. A couple of days like that and I find that I'm good to go back to normal operations :)

I opt for lighter fare - some cold chicken breast, raw veggies (bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, etc) and maybe some avocado.

I'm having the same problem as Lisa, however, I'm sticking to the meal template. The meal Robin quoted above is what I generally eat for all three meals a day and I'm not hungry for anything else (except my lovely sugar cravings that come when I least expect them!). I could probably eat a fourth meal of that fare, is that something I should try to get enough calories? Or am I getting enough as is?

I'm having the same problem as Lisa, however, I'm sticking to the meal template. The meal Robin quoted above is what I generally eat for all three meals a day and I'm not hungry for anything else (except my lovely sugar cravings that come when I least expect them!). I could probably eat a fourth meal of that fare, is that something I should try to get enough calories? Or am I getting enough as is?

Christina - if you could eat another meal of light fare, you might start increasing the depth of one meal per day. Try something a little heavier at meal 2 or 3 and see if you can get in a little more calories/fat/micronutrients, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lisa, I'm going through the same thing myself. I'm on Day 10. My problem is breakfast - I've never been a big breakfast person and I'm simply not hungry in the morning. As it turns out, I think it's because my hormones are out of whack (ISWF, pg. 185). How do you eat when you're not hungry? Good question. It's not easy. You just do it. You get the food out and you eat it. I felt like I had a brick in my stomach before breakfast today, so it wasn't fun for me either. But I did it. I had a nice big, template based breakfast this morning. According to the info in the book, the best way to fix this "problem" is to eat to get the hormones back in line. So....go get your template out, and EAT. :-) Good luck...we can do this!!

Archived