I can't believe I did it!!!

Andrea87

I started my Whole 30 three days after my 26th birthday. I didn't tell many people (just my husband and my mom) because I really didn't think I could make it for 30 days. I grew up in a family that loves food, and I have always struggled with food and my weight. I gained weight while in college and even more after I got married. I heard of the Whole 30 when a blogger I follow shared she had just completed hers. I don't know what made me think I should try, but I'm glad I did! I was just diagnosed with Crohn's disease last September. I went to the ER thinking I had appendicitis. Turns out they had to do a bowel resection. I haven't had severe symptoms like I hear from many who suffer from Crohn's. But I thought this might give me some insight into how my body is responding to the food I eat.

I just finished my last meal of my Whole 30! Woohoo! I lost 16.8 pounds! And I feel great! I have to admit, I never got around to exercising during the Whole 30 (until today). I am really excited now to begin the reintroduction stage and learn about my food tolerance. And now I have even more motivation to continue these new habits I've learned with my eating and adding exercise into my routine.

Thank you for teaching me what my body really needs (and what it doesn't!). I will continue to refer to It Starts With Food. And I'm going to recommend this journey to everyone I know!

Archived