Holy Food Dreams!

nutmegh

On day 6 of my Whole30 and I woke up this morning remembering how I dreamt of eating a giant chocolate chip cookie sandwich with buttercream frosting in the middle. I was being ridiculed by strangers for doing so. Somewhere in the middle of devouring this thing I stopped and threw it across what looked like a football field in absolute disgust of myself. Hello bizzaro world! Didn't think it would happen to me, but it most definitely did. Anyone else surprised by their food dreams??

Mine are so terrifying; I wake up in a cold sweat afraid that I've actually eaten whatever it is. I feel like such a guilty, useless slob and failure until I realize that I haven't done aything of the sort! Usually it's some kind of crunchy cookie-type thing dipped in something else, like Oreos dipped in ice cream, Milanos dipped in Nutella, etc...although I also dream about cookie dough, chocolate cake...it's always sweets.

When I was pregnant (many years ago now), I stopped smoking, and would have these utter nightmares like those you speak of where I had a cigarette and then realized I was pregnant, and one night I woke up actually screaming. Even though I hadn't actually smoked, I also felt so hideously guilty. But, I wasn't, and you're not, either! :) Hang in there.

I had a dream last night that I was eating a casserole (!) made of a whole bunch of Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos. I'm not doing a W30 right now but I kept thinking, "OMG this isn't paleo what am I doing!!"

Def had food dreams during W30s though. Woke up thinking I had ruined it. :lol:

I had one starring this giant apple fritter pie thing with icing on it. Comforting how similar all our dreams are. I felt guilty, but also I felt triumphant that I got away with it without actually eating it!

• 3 weeks later...

Whole30 dreams I have had (and woke up panicked):

That I woke up and ate 4 grilled cheese sandwiches

That I went to an aunt's house and she forced me to eat spaghetti

That I ate an entire bag of peanut m&ms.

I know that feel, bro.

Been having a lot of food dreams--complete with the panicked feeling because I know they're non-compliant! Last night was a chocolate muffin of some sort--I just know in the dream I was skimping what I gave the kids, because I wanted more for myself! *shaking my head*

Archived