Is it possible?

xacerb8

Hi, all:

Saturday was my first day of reintro. I decided to do gluten first to give myself a chance to get some raw milk and good cheese for when I do dairy.

Anyway, I ate half a bagel at M2 and then had 1.5 pints of a Pretty Things (microbrew) at M3.

On Sunday, I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Exhausted. Shaky. Forced myself to go to Bikram and had a great practice, but then came home and took a three hour nap.

On Monday, my skin was noticeably "rougher," with some bumps on it.

I didn't realize that I was supposed to have gluten again on Day 2, so those two gluten-things were all I had.

My questions:

Could my body react that quickly to gluten?

Is it possible that I was reacting more to the alcohol?

And the whole thing is made even more "fuzzy" in my mind by the fact that Sunday was the first day of Daylight Savings here AND on Saturday I'd gone downhill skiing for the first time ever. So, I could have been exhausted for those reasons and maybe my skin was reacting to the sunscreen I put on....

I'm thinking I will do a second gluten re-intro at the end of this RI phase and see what happens.

• Moderators

Your body could be reacting that quickly to gluten. The alcohol might have made you fuzzy while you were drinking and messed with your sleep a bit, but I don't think alcohol would explain all your feelings the next day. However, in light of daylight savings time, skiing, and sunscreen, another test is probably wise.

Archived