Kids always hungry and has dark bags under his eyes

We ( whole family ) are on our 4th day of the Whole 30.

My son who is almost 5 is very lanky and thin (but the doctor says he's perfectly normal). He always has dark circles under his eyes that never go away no matter how much sleep he gets!

What can I be adding to his diet to help with that?

Also the kids are ALWAYS hungry even 20 min. after a big meal!!!!!! What can I add to fill them more?

the dark circles could be allergic shiners, my 8 year old has been plagued by seasonal allergies all his life.

Make sure he's getting enough good healthy fats, I add 1/2 of an avocado to my son's lunch box most days. Trust the kids to regulate their hunger, I think they really are better at it than we are. If they're hungry, eat, just follow the template as much as possible for their snacks to be sure they're getting fat/protein/veg.

I get puffy "bags" under my eyes when my sinuses are inflamed (which happens mainly when I eat dairy). Could he be reacting to something?

It is AMAZING how much good food kids can pack away... we feed (Whole30-style) 3 kids who range from 7-13, and they eat a ton of food before they are full.

My daughter had terrible bags under eyes and I never noticed until we took her to an ENT. Her adenoids were huge and were blocking her breathing at night (I never heard a kid snore so loud). She had been eating a paleo diet her entire life so I knew that there was nothing in that area to clean up. The ENT mentioned that in lots of kids the bags go away after having tonsils/adenoids removed because they finally get deep sleep at night where they had previously been experiencing sleep apnea.

A week or two after her tonsils were removed sure enough. No more bags under her eyes. (That wasn't the reason we had them removed though.)

Archived