My Whole9 90 Day Success - It's Not Always All About the Numbers

Coach Deb P

I recently completed a Whole9 90 Day Challenge and wanted to share my story with those of you who might get caught in a Paleo Challenge at your CrossFit Box like I did. I did not win my Paleo Challenge and for a short period of time, I almost lost sight of what the whole point of the challenge was.

To change my life.

First - I have to say that the Whole9 Program truly did change my life for the better. In absolutely every aspect until it came to the BodPod results. But, because I didn't get all the results that I expected from the challenge (my body fat didn't really change and is still very high) I had a complete emotional melt down.

I'l admit that at first my comparative results completely devastated me. But through some prayer and deeper introspection into my core values I was able to work through the emotions and disappointment to find all of the ways I did succeed.

Ultimately, I came out on top, and I declared myself a winner. Thankfully, I came through on top and better for it, and numbers can be your friend or your enemy if you decide to give them power.

I took my power back. It's not always about the numbers and that's the most important lesson of all!

If you'd like to read my story please see: http://www.painfreep...0-Day-Challenge

I'm glad you took your power back. Your pictures change dramatically and it's awesome how much stronger you have gotten! I really question the results of that test and I'm glad you are no longer hanging your hat on them.

Congratulations!!!

I'm glad you took your power back. Your pictures change dramatically and it's awesome how much stronger you have gotten! I really question the results of that test and I'm glad you are no longer hanging your hat on them.

Congratulations!!!

Emily - Thank you so much. I appreciate your support. I actually ended up going in for a DEXA scan to double check, and indeed the results are pretty much accurate. So long story short, I personally have to not focus on all the numbers as my measure of success.

My body looks and feels different and that's what is most important. I have to let go of what I cant control.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/7210-amazing-results-but-body-fat-didnt-change/

Thanks again!

Thanks Jill! I hope that by sharing my story it will help someone else.

When I read your story a few weeks ago on the forum and your blog IT DID HELP ME. Along with all the other positive changes the W30 brought about for me, reading how you felt so discouraged made me realize that I absolutely could not allow myself to do the same thing- I could have downward spiraled pretty far. It was so cathartic to empathize with you and then take a stand against ideas of ideal weight and body fat. I'm quite proud of my body fat- I know that I am strong and well nourished and if my body doesn't fit fashions standards of "good enough" then it's fashion that has the problem, not me.

You have a beautiful body and look incredibly strong as well, I think you are just perfect!

When I read your story a few weeks ago on the forum and your blog IT DID HELP ME. Along with all the other positive changes the W30 brought about for me, reading how you felt so discouraged made me realize that I absolutely could not allow myself to do the same thing- I could have downward spiraled pretty far. It was so cathartic to empathize with you and then take a stand against ideas of ideal weight and body fat. I'm quite proud of my body fat- I know that I am strong and well nourished and if my body doesn't fit fashions standards of "good enough" then it's fashion that has the problem, not me.

You have a beautiful body and look incredibly strong as well, I think you are just perfect!

Thank you so much! That's such a nice compliment! I feel great and getting stronger everyday! I'm glad that sharing my experience helped give you some guidance & perspective. Keep up the work on changing your life!

Archived