What made me sick?

michrdl

I'm a little more than a week into the Whole 30. Yesterday I made the chocolate chili

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

I left it in the crockpot all day and had a bowl of chili and half an avocado last night for dinner. A few hours after eating my stomach was upset(and still feels a little off this morning), and I had a nagging lower back ache (I have spinal arthritis). I used canned tomatoes and tomato paste from Trader Joes. Grass fed ground beef from Trader Joes. The only spice that was new to me is Allspice. It's the frist time I've tried the beef from Trader Joes. Any ideas on what made me sick? The chili was delicious, and I have a lot left over.

Onions, garlic, and tomatos are all things that can cause gas, bloating and other gut issues for me. Which is a shame because they go so well together in chili, stew, soup, etc. My guess is that you may have some FODMAP sensitivities. I made a stew for myself this week with all three of those, and it did mess with my gut a bit.

• Moderators

Maybe it was something in the chili, or maybe you caught some bug that is going around. I've been sick since Sunday and I don't think it has anything to do with my new recipe for Beef in Tomato-Poblano Salsa.

Maybe it was something in the chili, or maybe you caught some bug that is going around. I've been sick since Sunday and I don't think it has anything to do with my new recipe for Beef in Tomato-Poblano Salsa.

I sure hope not!

Archived