Double workout Friday! What to eat?

Tveen

Hey all! So I am on day 4 of whole 30 and doing pretty well, minus a little tiredness! Tomorrow is my double workout day. I run 5-6 miles and then do a Nike training class at my gym right after...reallllly intense class!! (At least for me lol) I usually have a hard boiled egg and some nuts before my runs and I'm fine but I was wondering if I should have a little bigger pre workout meal tomorrow morning before my run and class? Maybe some sweet potato along with the egg/nuts? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Moderators

Right. You don't actually need food for energy. You benefit from eating a little protein and fat to signal your body to release energy for the workout that is coming. Whether you should eat one or two eggs depends upon how comfortable you feel. Where I am now, I would rather workout hard on less food, but you may feel comfortable with more.

Yep.... Got to find the right balance.... To much food and you'll be running For a puke spot !

My suggestion since you are so early into your W30 and just not sure how you will react is it eat light and take your run down a notch....maybe add 30-45 seconds to your mile pace to be sure you keep your heart rate from drifting into the anaerobic zone..... Then really nail your second work out and eat a decent recovery meal ......

Archived