Starting whole 30 March 18 again

franco

Hello folks,

I did my first and only successful whole 30 November 19 2012, and I'm not sure why my first go at it was much easier than i thought it would be. I had a great time and learned a lot from the program it really has given me a whole new lease on life. I lost close to 15 pounds and blood pressure best its been since i can remember. I rode the Christmas wave as best I could and had mixed results. Attempted another whole 30 in January and subsequently every Monday since resulting in 2-3 days of compliance and then 2-3 days of making not so healthy choices. I find I eat well and am 100% compliant until about 7-8pm then becomes a constant struggle keeping myself from eating the wrongs foods and i usually give in. This pretty much sums up my whole relationship with food. I wonder if anyone else finds evening eating a struggle as well and if so steps one takes to over come this self defeating impulse. I'm starting my Whole 30 journey again on Monday the 18th!

Evening eating was always my problem. I even did intermittent fasting for about a year where the only time I ate was 5 - 10pm. even that didn't help plus caused a lot of other issues. Since I started W30, I found the one thing that made more difference than anything was eating a big enough breakfast within an hour of getting up. I'd never been a breakfast person before, so found it really hard to get into the way of it. It was quite a struggle but it's been totally worth it. It really does help. If I try to simply eat more at the other meals it doesn't seem to have the same effect. Breakfast really does seem to set your hormones up right. Oh and I also threw out about a pound and a half of raisins because I only ever thought about them at about 9pm :) You're not alone in this struggle but you've already proved you can do it so good luck and keep us posted how you get on.

Evening eating was always my problem. I even did intermittent fasting for about a year where the only time I ate was 5 - 10pm. even that didn't help plus caused a lot of other issues. Since I started W30, I found the one thing that made more difference than anything was eating a big enough breakfast within an hour of getting up. I'd never been a breakfast person before, so found it really hard to get into the way of it. It was quite a struggle but it's been totally worth it. It really does help. If I try to simply eat more at the other meals it doesn't seem to have the same effect. Breakfast really does seem to set your hormones up right. Oh and I also threw out about a pound and a half of raisins because I only ever thought about them at about 9pm :) You're not alone in this struggle but you've already proved you can do it so good luck and keep us posted how you get on.

Thanks Kirsteen

I totally understand the 5-10 and beyond eating been doing that I think my entire life. I have never been much into breakfast either in fact I would save breakfast to justify my "binges" later on in the day as backwards as that sounds. ever since reading the book I do have a new relationship with food more aware of what I take in whats actually healthy and what isn't. Just seems like my second go at this keeps ending after 3 days kind of frustrating. This is might be in a sense another plateau problem I have always dealt with as well lose a little weight and then self sabotage ugh. I have renewed hope for this whole 30!

Archived