I survived my first restaurant night out!

nutmegh

I'm 10 days in on my whole 30 and went out to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants with my parents who are visiting from out of town. The first 5 minutes sitting down were the most difficult minutes I've experienced so far and I was so close to throwing in the towel, but to my surprise the feeling passed and I ordered paleo and enjoyed every bite. Left the restaurant feeling full and satisfied and not so full that my pants were going to split! Woohoo!

• 4 months later...

We were at a Mexican restaurant a couple days ago for lunch... They had a seafood dish that I'm betting most places have something akin to. It was tilapia and shrimp with a side of steamed veg. Order it all dry/no oil/no seasoning, add a side (or two!) of avocado, and use pico de gallo as a dip/topping for your fish. It seems that the seafood menus at Mexican restaurants offers the safest/easiest to modify dishes. (You can also make sure to ask for non-marinated protein ... I am post-W30, so I wasn't as concerned with it being marinated).

Archived